The country operations business plan (COBP), 2016-2018 for the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) is aligned with the Interim Pacific Approach, 2015, which extends the validity of ADB’s Pacific Approach, 2010-2014 and the Midterm Review of Strategy 2020. The Pacific Approach serves as the country partnership strategy for the RMI.
COBP 2016-2018 will focus on:
- better and sustainable infrastructure,
- improved quality of basic education,
- better public sector management, and
- structural reform implementation.
The RMI is in the first year of implementing and monitoring its 3-year rolling National Strategic Plan (NSP), 2015-2017. The objective of the NSP is sustainable, equitable, and measurable development that reflects the priorities and culture of the Marshallese people. The five NSP priority sectors are social development; environment, climate change and resiliency; infrastructure development; sustainable economic development; and good governance.
Country Operations Business Plans
- Marshall Islands: Country Operations Business Plan (2016–2018)
- Marshall Islands: Country Operations Business Plan (2015-2017)
- Marshall Islands: Country Operations Business Plan (2014-2016)
- Marshall Islands: Country Operations Business Plan (2013-2015)
- Marshall Islands: Country Operations Business Plan (2012-2014)
Country Partnership Strategies
Country Partnership Strategy Updates
Regional Cooperation Strategy and Programs
The Public Communications Policy (PCP) recognizes that transparency and accountability are essential to development effectiveness. It establishes the disclosure requirements for documents and information ADB produces or requires to be produced.
The Accountability Mechanism provides a forum where people adversely affected by ADB-assisted projects can voice and seek solutions to their problems and report alleged noncompliance of ADB's operational policies and procedures.