Under the country partnership strategy for 2013-2017, ADB will support the Government of Nepal's development objective of accelerated, sustainable, inclusive economic growth.
In line with its inclusive growth framework, ADB will pursue faster growth in economic opportunities through investments in infrastructure. It will seek to deliver access to economic opportunities through projects and programs in education, including skills development; water supply and sanitation; and rural infrastructure.
Mainstreaming gender equality and social inclusion and supporting related reforms will also improve access to basic services.
ADB will promote social protection through work on disaster risk management, skills development, and knowledge partnerships.
Regional cooperation integration work will be emphasized through investments anchored on the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation program.
The 2016-2018 country operations business plan (COBP) maintains the strategic thrust of the CPS, 2013-2017. It applies sector selectivity and focus, with fewer but larger projects on reforms and investments in hydropower generation, transmission, and distribution; highways and airports for regional integration; reforms and investments in the water utility of Kathmandu, and strategic urban planning and investments along economic corridors; enhancement of secondary and higher education, and skills development; and agriculture policy reforms and market infrastructure investments.
ADB operations will be underpinned by a close partnership with the government, reform and investment road maps coordinated with development partners, and new financing modalities - e.g., multitranche financing facility, results-based lending, and public-private partnerships.
Country Operations Business Plans
Country Partnership Strategies
Country Partnership Strategy Final Review
Country Partnership Strategy Updates
CPS Mid-Term Review Reports
- Voices from the Field: Nepal Country Partnership Strategy Stakeholder Consultations
- Voices from the Field: Country Partnership Strategy (2005-2009) Midterm Review
- Nepal: Country Partnership Strategy Midterm Review (2005-2009)
- Voices from the Field: Nepal Country Strategy and Program through Peoples Participation
Regional Cooperation Strategy and Programs
- South Asia: Regional Cooperation Operations Business Plan (2016-2018)
- South Asia: Regional Cooperation Operations Business Plan (2015-2017)
- South Asia: Regional Cooperation Operations Business Plan (2014-2016)
- South Asia: Regional Cooperation Operations Business Plan (2013-2015)
- South Asia: Regional Cooperation Operations Business Plan (2012-2014)
Validations of Country Partnership Strategy Final Reviews
The Public Communications Policy (PCP) recognizes that transparency and accountability are essential to development effectiveness. It establishes the disclosure requirements for documents and information ADB produces or requires to be produced.
The Accountability Mechanism provides a forum where people adversely affected by ADB-assisted projects can voice and seek solutions to their problems and report alleged noncompliance of ADB's operational policies and procedures.