The Philippines is among the fastest-growing economies in Southeast Asia, with upgrades to sovereign investment ratings confirming improvements in the country’s macroeconomic fundamentals. The Government of the Philippines has defined its development objectives as driving rapid but inclusive economic growth, accelerating employment on a massive scale, and reducing poverty.
Since 1966, ADB has been a strong partner in the development of the Philippines, its host country. The ADB country partnership strategy, 2011-2016 for the Philippines focuses on improving the investment climate, more effectively delivering social services, and minimizing disaster risks. Weight is also given to strengthening governance, and developing infrastructure through public channels, as well as building on the successes of the government’s public-private partnerships.
Projects in the Philippines
- Integrated Natural Resources and Environmental Management Project
- Senior High School Support Program
- KALAHI-CIDSS National Community-Driven Development Project
- Market Transformation through Introduction of Energy-Efficient Electric Vehicles Project
- Enhancing Capacities for the KALAHI–CIDSS National Community-Driven Development Project
- Emergency Assistance for Relief and Recovery from Typhoon Yolanda
- Strengthening Institutions for an Improved Investment Climate
- Design of a Pilot Project to Improve Environmental Conditions of Estero de Paco
- Strengthening Treasury’s Liquidity Management
- Strategic Policy Actions for Successful Structural Transformation and Inclusive Growth