Latest Project Results and Case Studies
PRC’s Tianjin Breathing Easier with Cleaner Coal PowerA power plant in the city of Tianjin is using efficient coal technology to help millions in the People's Republic of China on the path to cleaner air and more reliable power supply for their homes and businesses.
Treated Water Bringing Smiles Back to PRC’s Hebei ProvinceMore than 800,000 residents are benefiting from a project to clean up water, upgrade wastewater and solid waste treatment, and boost district heating in 10 small towns of Hebei Province, PRC.
People’s Republic of China: Switching on to Clean EnergyThree ADB-funded hydropower plants in the People’s Republic of China’s north are providing clean, reliable electricity to millions.
Equity Investment in Asia Environmental Partners IIAsia Environmental Partners II is a $300 million regional fund focused on growth opportunities in renewable energy, waste management and recycling services, water management, energy efficiency, pollution control, and low-carbon consumer products in the People’s Republic of China, India, and Southeast Asia.
Natural Gas for Multimodal Transport in the People's Republic of ChinaAlthough industrial emissions have stabilized in the past few years, a rapid increase in vehicular traffic volumes in the People’s Republic of China has created a new threat in the form of vehicle and vessel emissions.
Ecotourism and Agriculture Help Save Wetlands Habitat in the People's Republic of ChinaIn the Sanjiang Plain, People’s Republic of China, ADB has helped to restore thousands of hectares of wetlands while protecting and improving the livelihoods of farmers.
Ancient Trade Route Delivers New Opportunities to Greater Mekong SubregionA modern highway and bridge connecting three countries in the Greater Mekong Subregion are reviving an ancient trade route and bringing new life to local communities.
Bus Rapid Transit Provides Win-Win Solution to PRC's Lanzhou CityBarely a year after it started operations, the Lanzhou bus rapid transit (BRT) system has shown how this cost-effective mass transit solution can ease traffic congestion as well as reduce the city’s carbon footprint.
Restoring Shanghai's Suzhou CreekThis waterway rehabilitation project in the People's Republic of China not only restored the quality of water and improved public health, but also created a clean, green space for the community to enjoy.
People's Republic of China: Bringing Clean Water to MillionsAn ADB-supported project worked with private companies to provide clean water to cities in the People’s Republic of China.
- Qingdao Smart Low-Carbon District Energy Project
- Sustainable Provincial Development Strategy for Liaoning Province
- Promoting Partnerships for South–South Cooperation II
- Shaanxi Accelerated Energy Efficiency and Environment Improvement Financing Program
- Study on the Coordinated Development of Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei
- Public Finance and Financial Management Reforms
- Strengthening Capacity for Promoting Distributed Renewable Energy Utilization in Hebei Province
- Promotion of a Legal Framework for Financial Consumer Protection
- Policy and Management System Development for Rural Environmental Protection
- Shandong Groundwater Allocation and Protection