ADB's Pacific Approach 2010-2014 serves as the country partnership strategy for Tonga. The strategy supports the Tonga Strategic Development Framework (TSDF), 2011-2014, which aims to develop and promote a just and progressive society for all Tongans.
The country operations business plan (COBP), 2015-2017 is aligned with the Pacific Approach and supports the following priority outcomes of the TSDF:
- a dynamic public and private sector partnership as the main engine of growth;
- appropriate, well-planned, and well-maintained infrastructure that improves the everyday lives of the people and lowers the cost of doing business; and
- integration of environmental sustainability, disaster-risk management, and climate change adaptation into planning and program implementation.
Country Operations Business Plans
Country Partnership Strategies
Country Partnership Strategy Updates
Regional Cooperation Strategy and Programs
- Pacific: Regional Operations Business Plan (2014-2016)
- Pacific: Regional Operations Business Plan (2013-2015)
- Pacific: Regional Cooperation Operations Business Plan (2010-2013)
- ADB's Approach to Assisting the Pacific (2010-2014)
- Working in Fragile Environments: A Midterm Review of the Pacific Strategy (2005–2009)
The Public Communications Policy (PCP) recognizes that transparency and accountability are essential to development effectiveness. It establishes the disclosure requirements for documents and information ADB produces or requires to be produced.
The Accountability Mechanism provides a forum where people adversely affected by ADB-assisted projects can voice and seek solutions to their problems and report alleged noncompliance of ADB's operational policies and procedures.