In recent years, Viet Nam’s economic growth has slowed, and single-digit inflation has prevailed. Tight economic policies have helped stabilize the fiscal deficit, and generate a current account surplus. Viet Nam needs to accelerate economic restructuring, particularly reforms in the banking sector and to state-owned enterprises. Despite remarkable achievements in reducing poverty, serious development challenges are posed by income and non-income inequality and pockets of poverty, particularly among ethnic minorities.
Under the country partnership strategy, 2012-2015, ADB supports Viet Nam’s socioeconomic development across a range of sectors. Resources are committed to the financing of infrastructure and human resource development, rural development, social inclusion, and gender equity.
Projects in Viet Nam
- Second Lower Secondary Education for the Most Disadvantaged Areas Project
- Water Sector Investment Program - Tranche 3
- Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City Power Grid Development Sector Project
- Greater Mekong Subregion Tourism Infrastructure for Inclusive Growth Project
- Sustainable Urban Transport for Ho Chi Minh Mass Rapid Transit Line 2