The private sector contributes to economic development by generating jobs and incomes, as well as through investments, new technologies, knowledge transfer, and enhanced productivity. This is particularly true in Asia and the Pacific, where much of the recent success in reducing poverty has been due to robust economic growth stimulated by the private sector. The development challenges and investment needs of the region remain large and diverse. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) helps address these challenges and investment needs by assisting the private sector through the Private Sector Operations Department.
This fourth annual report on the development effectiveness of ADB's private sector operations reviews how the Private Sector Operations Department has contributed to promoting ADB's development effectiveness agenda. The report features the direct and indirect impact of private sector assistance. It considers the value added of this assistance, highlighting performance trends and identifying actions required to improve results.
- Private Sector Operations Department Operational Highlights
- Executive Summary
- Contribution of Private Sector Operations to ADB's Strategic and Development Priorities
- Contribution to the Economic and Social Development of the Region
- Development Outputs and Outcomes of Private Sector Operations
- Operational Effectiveness
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Conclusions and Actions