1. Know if your institution is qualified to apply for a PDA. Institutions and organizations eligible to apply for a PDA are:
ADB Staff from Regional Departments are also eligible to apply to a PDA.
2. Write your PDA proposal. Download PDA Request Form. The following are some guidelines for writing your proposal:
Your PDA proposal should be of an innovative water project that:
PDA proposals are reviewed based on technical merits, innovation, and potential for replication. Proposed projects that would not qualify are:
3. Submit your proposal. Send completed PDA Request Form via email to the PDA Manager.
PDAs generally undergo the three steps of the PDA Approval Process. These are:
1. PDA manager reviews applications.ADB’s PDA Manager will review your proposal for compliance with the PDA criteria. Your proposal will be reviewed according to its technical merits, extent and nature of proposed innovation, and potential for scaling up and replication.
2. An ADB staff is designated as PDA Officer. An ADB Staff from the regional departments will be designated as PDA Officer to oversee the PDA’s implementation
3. Interdepartmental advisory panel decides.An interdepartmental PDA Advisory Panel composed of selected members of ADB’s Water Committee will make the final decision on the approval of your PDA proposal
1. The PDA Manager will notify you via email of the outcome of your proposal's review by the PDA Advisory Panel. For approved proposals, ADB will request government concurrence. In the meantime the PDA Manager will prepare a Letter of Agreement (LoA) to be signed by ADB and the Executing Agency.
2. For the implementation of each PDA, national and international NGOs, academic/research institutions and, where needed, domestic and/or international short-term individual consultants may be engaged by the Executing Agency to assist in the implementation of the project.
3. Implementing parties can begin operations upon receipt of all required documents. The funds will be released based on the payment schedule and requirements defined in the LoA.