The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
ADB advertises internship assignments three times per year and welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
The internship program offers the opportunity to:
- work in a major international development organization;
- work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries;
- gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
- contribute to ADB's business through research outputs.
Internship candidates must:
- be enrolled in a Master's- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment;
- be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB's work;
- be a national of one of ADB's members;
- possess an excellent command of English; and
- have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
The internship application process is online through the ADB Recruitment Center. School registration and nomination is no longer required.
Application period for the 2015 Internship Program:
- 1st batch: 24 October - 19 November (closed)
- 2nd batch: 16 January - 11 February
- 3rd batch: 13 March - 8 April
Eligible candidates apply through the ADB Recruitment Center (ARC).
- ADB announces the assignments on the website and candidates choose assignments of interest.
- Candidates apply through ARC, prepare for their CVs and answer the essay questions.
- All documents (CV and Essay) are uploaded to ARC to complete application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- ADB evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No opportunities at this time. Please check again soon.
For questions related to internship, please email the ADB Internship Program.