The strategic framework for action which guides ADB's governance and anticorruption work is provided by its governance and anticorruption policies and Second Governance and Anticorruption Action Plan (GACAP II).
GACAP II outlines a comprehensive risk-based approach to managing governance and fighting corruption, refocusing efforts to achieve results in three priority areas in the sectors where ADB operates:
- improving public financial management
- strengthening procurement systems
- combating corruption
GACAP II targets improvements in
- country-level partnerships & strategies (CPS) for social and economic development
- program and project-level design
- program and project-level administration and management
- institutional level skills, capacities, and operational practices—beginning internally with ADB
ADB recognizes that a "one-size fits all" approach does not work and has partnered with other development institutions and developing member country (DMC) colleagues to develop innovative interventions to meet the unique needs of DMC countries and specific sectors.
GACAP II enables DMCs, in partnership with ADB, to design and deliver better quality projects and programs.