ADB supports developing member countries that conduct self-assessments of national procurement systems. Self-assessment is done using the Benchmarking and Assessment Methodology for Public Procurement Systems, developed by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
In addition, ADB is piloting a Procurement Review for Effective Implementation tool, which can be applied at both the sector and project levels. This tool explicitly looks at procurement from a wider organizational and staff capacity perspective and, therefore, complements ADB’s governance and capacity development approaches.
Examples of ADB projects focused on national procurement systems
- Indonesia: Strengthening National Public Procurement Processes
- Nepal: Strengthening Public Procurement Management and Portfolio Performance
- Philippines: Strengthening the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System
- Regional: Procurement and Analysis of Survey Data
- Regional: Asia Pacific Procurement Partnership Initiative