Sub-Project 2.1: Rehabilitation of West Tarum Canal
1. Detailed engineering design
2. Construction contractors selected by tendering
3. Construction of improvement works
4. Associated activities
5. Project Management
Sub-Project 2.6: Detailed Engineering Design for Upgrading of Bandung Water Source and Other Uses by Inter-Basin Transfer
1. Detailed engineering design
2.Construction contractors selected by tendering
3. Associated activities
4. Project Management
Sub-Project 2.2: Improved Soil and Water Management
1. Identification and appraisal of target areas and
2. Capacity building
3. Progressive implementation of SRI
4. Management, monitoring and reporting
Sub-Project 2.3: Support for Community- and NGO-Driven Initiatives for Improved Water Supply and Sanitation
1.Capacity building and planning
2.Implementation and ongoing support
3.Management, monitoring and reporting
Sub-Project 4.1: Development and Implementation of a Basin River Quality Improvement Strategy (RWQIS) and Action Plans
1. Capacity building and planning
2. River Water Quality Improvement Strategy and action plans
3. Policy development
4. Data management
Sub-Project 1.1: Roadmap Management (by the Roadmap Coordination Management Unit)
1.Liaison with agencies and other relevant stakeholders
2.Coordination among component projects
3. Identification of the need for and coordination of implementation of minor studies (up to $400,000 total) to improve knowledge of water issues in CRB
4.Information system and communication
Sub-Project 8.1: Program Management (by the Program Coordination Management Unit)
1.Coordination and planning
2.Monitoring and reporting of project performance, including financial management
3.Coordination of preparation for Project 2
4.Social and environment safeguards oversight
Sub Project 8.2: Independent Monitoring and Evaluation
1. A Roadmap Performance Management System for the overall Roadmap investments
2. Quarterly Progress Reports giving physical and financial progress, summary of field visits, consultant's staffing and administration details, issues of TA and project implementation requiring immediate resolution.
3. Semi-annual Consolidated Project Report. This report will summarize: (i). the RPMS progress; field and program issues requiring resolution; (iii). Detailed team work program for the next half year .
4. A mid-term review report that would summarize achievements, unresolved issues and, possibly a revised work program.
5. Completion report
Sub component Citarum River Basin Catchment Management and Biodiversity Conservation
1. Preparation and implementation of 30 village conservation action plans
2. Identification of important plants and animals, and resource utilization patterns in key habitats
3. Development of biodiversity and land degradation information systems and databases
Subcomponent A1 (TA 7189-INO): Roadmap Institutional Strengthening
1. Effective RCMU and regional Bappeda in IWRM planning and programming.
2. Appropriate data and information systems to support IWRM planning and programming
3. Improved system for national and regional IWRM planning and programming
4. Improved funding and more effective fiscal planning for IWRM in river basins in Indonesia
Subcomponent B1: Institutional Strengthening for IWRM for 6 Ci's River Basin Territory
1. Ongoing support for Water Resources Council (WRC) and supporting office(s), and improved capacity of water resource management agencies.
2.Pola and rencana for 6 Ci's River Basin Territory.
3. Recommendations for further work to improve technical capacity: (i) flood warning systems and real-time communication, (ii) management and data information systems, (iii) quantity and quality monitoring of flow and regulation for efficient water allocation.
4. Recommendations on improved institutional framework for O&M of water infrastructure.
5. Strengthened Balai Besar for three sub-basins.
6. Internet-based meta database for water, land and related data in the Citarum River Basin.
7. Effective decision support tool for use by relevant agencies for water planning
8. Annual "state of the basin" reporting system.
Subcomponent B2: Spatial Planning for 6 Ci's River Basin Territory
Regional spatial plan reflecting the existing local plans.
Up-to-date land-use map (remote sensing) for the project area.
Java Spatial Model (JSM) for projection of population and land-use
Estimates of spatial requirements for the water sector and other related sectors (housing, industry, agriculture, environment).
Spatial strategies and scenarios; interpretation of projections, resolution of conflicts on the use of space.
Quantification of impact of water related zoning on land-use in the basin (low-flow and peak-flow conservation zoning, flood zoning, erosion zoning, groundwater protection zoning, and so on), based on the water resources analysis for the river basin.
Strategic assessment of the impacts of water related zoning on other sectors.
Subcomponent B3 (TA 7189-INO): Development of Key Policies and Strategies for WRM
Policy for appropriate water pricing, water sharing and balanced stakeholder participation (focusing on agricultural water use).
Strategies and options for demand management and water conservation with respect to industrial and domestic water use.
A water entitlements and licensing system for surface water users.
Subcomponent C1: Upper Citarum Basin Flood Management
Completion of current river model studies (1-D).
Development of 2-D floodplain model.
Design studies with modeling.
Updating of existing Flood Management Strategy.
Determination of impacts of flood risk and Flood Management Strategy on regional and spatial planning.
Formulation of O&M operational plan.
For agreed Project 2 component subproject(s) on flood management, preparation of terms of reference for detailed design and implementation by others.
Subcomponent D1: Decision Support System for IWRM in Citarum River Basin
-Water quality model and management system for key streams and reservoirs of the Citarum River Basin.
- Spatial (GIS-based) database for water and land-related data of the basin, to be coordinated with other GIS systems developed under the ICWRMIP and this TA.
-Water balance model and water allocation system for the Citarum River Basin.
- Rainfall run-off analysis model for the catchments of the basin.