On track: Project contract awards for 2014 were met, with contracts signed for 5 batch 1 training packages and training having commenced / about to commence for first54 packages. Higher priority must now be given to arrangements for first batch of the 9,000 places for short term training to be delivered by public institutes.
Expanded provision of inclusive market-oriented training.
- Contract awarded for Far Western Region for 1800 places.
- Contract awarded for Mid-western Region for 2340 places.
- Contract awarded for Training 3 Western Development Region for 3420 places
- Contract awarded for Training 4, Central Development Region (West) for 3240 places.
- Contract awarded for Training 5, Central Development Region (East) for 3240 places.
- No enrollment yet.
- Quality Standard Indicators developed incorporating GESI indicators.
Improved quality and relevance of TVET provision
- 10 model schools (CTEVT
constituent) selected with Rapid assessment and SWOT analysis.
- Quality Standard Indicators for model schools developed with participatory approach through two-day workshop and gap analysis.
- Draft of industry linkage prepared.
- QIP action plan drafted for ten model schools.
- 15 new programs for model schools in progress.
-Screening of 25 new programs significantly advanced and 15 new programs for model schools are finalized.
- Organized occupational skills development training; skill upgrading training conducted, and ongoing; GESI Sensitization Workshop to 10 model schools and CTEVT staff conducted
- Human Resource Development (Occupation Skill Upgrade) trainings significantly advanced (50 persons trained)
- PIU staff participated in training and seminar (National/International) conducted by ADB.
- PIU staff participated in international TVET seminars as an exposure visit.
- Data collections completed for Training need analysis of CTEVT and its constituent schools.
Policy, institutional and operational reforms
- TVET policy paper (2012) published and reviewed.
- Position paper for TVET sector development road map prepared and under process for approval by GON.
- Workshop organized on "Stakeholder orientation on TVET Policy Implementaiton"
- Established TSDU within MOE.
- TVET data survey carried oout in 38 districts of Nepal.
- Organizational assessment of CTEVT completed by 30 Nov 2014 and restructuring plan to align CTEVT structures with CTEVT strategic plan to commence in February 2015.
- Organizational Structure of CTEVT with goals and strategy reviewed.
- Assessment for CTEVT restructuring enhanced.
- Position paper for TVET Fund Board prepared and under process for approval by the GON.
- Five regional monitoring offices are now established and staffed with remaining offices to be established and staffed soon.
Effective project management and M&E
- PIU office set up with furnishing, tools and equipment, staffing and vehicles.
- Monitoring offices (5 regions) established.
-. Regular meetings with Proj Director and consulting team leader/deputy team leader as well as all relevant counterparts held.
- Study visit carried out trainings and employment programs organized.
- Monitoring plan drafted and will be reviewed after submission of inception plans.
- Monitoring tools developed for GESI to ensure sex and excluded group disaggregated data.
- Conducted 3 days orientation workshop in M&E.
- GESI task force established.
- Social marketing committee formed.
- Criteria developed for evaluating proposals.
- Employment fund and EVENT database reviewed in reference to SDP priority areas.
- Database structure papred and developing Database system in PHP SQL server.
- M&E training formats prepared.
- SDP website developed and updated weekly.
- Reviewed and adopted data projection, security and backup of the system.
- None yet.
- Computerized accounting system established
- Training and employment service guidelines developed.
- Comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework and tools have been developed and monitoring of training has been initiated
- Imprest account operated in Nepal Rastra Bank.
- Meetings conducted among PIU/Consultants to determine database requirements.
- Steps are being undertaken to explore methods to institutionalize M&E from SDP into mainstream CTEVT.
- Monitoring tools developed including the indicators for disaggregaged data, linkages with database to ensure disaggretated employment and income verification data.