Short Term Market Oriented Training:
Five contracts awarded to private TESPs (among six packages): Far Western Region for 1800 places, Mid Western Region for 2340 places, western development region for 3420 places, Central West development regions for 3240 places and Central East development regions for 3240 places (14,040 total)
(8479 (2988 or 35.24% women and 5918 or 69.8% excluded groups) enrolled in basic skills level-1 training, provided by Private Sector Training and Employment Service Providers (TESPs).
Out of the 8479 enrolled in the training, 8382 (M=5509 and F=2873) have completed the training. Among them 6562 are excluded group). All 8382 who completed the training had applied for skill test. Result of the skill test has been partially published and 1550 (75.98 %) have passed the skill test out of 2040 published. Total 6342 are still waiting for skill test.
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with 19 CTEVT constituent schools for 2680 places and 13 Technical Education in Community Schools (TECS) for 1060 places signed for Level 2 skill upgrading. Total 397 (240 Male, 157 Female and 292 excluded group) trainees enrolled in this programme. Limited enrolment to date is partially attributed to strict entry criteria that were initially established. Entry criteria have since been relaxed to allow experienced workers without technical training certification to enroll.
MOU with 19 CTEVT constituent schools for 6000 places of level-1 MOST training has been signed.
Out of the 397 enrolled in level-2 training, 200 (Male=118, Female=82 and Excluded group=174 have been graduated and applied for skill test.
The third party monitoring for employment verification for the first cycle training of far western region has been completed. The report will be submitted soon. The verification in mid-western region and western region is ongoing.
Conducted Mason Training of Trainers for Private and Public TESPs in Earthquake Resistant Technology. Training Conducted in Gorkha, Balaju and TITI. 88 participants (male 81 and female 7)
As part of needy group support for trainees in Round 1 Short Term training. Masonry Training was provided for home reconstruction for earthquake affected trainees. Participants were 200 Western Region, 320 Central Region West, and 300 Central Region East.
The TOR for the second round Training and Employment service program is prepared after TNA of demanded occupations and approved by ADB. Total seven packages for 20000 places through private training providers will be conducted in urban areas. Approval has been received from ADB for a Training package 7 (Construction-1) for 3000 places. Invitation of EOI will be shortly published in ADB's CMS (Online system).
EOI Evaluation Criteria for second round training and employment program is prepared, approved by ADB and endorsed by Project Steering Committee.
GESI provisions like -GESI sensitive outreach strategy, proportionate representation of females and those from excluded groups in management boards/staff and trainers are included in TESP selection criteria
Likewise, GESI provisions are included in the TOR for Level 2 training to be organized by CTEVT constituted schools.
RFP for TPs and CSOs will include participation of women and people from excluded groups. GESI activities and targets/ indicators aimed at reducing gender disparities and social exclusion in access to training and employment opportunities, counseling and guidance support.
Improved quality and relevance of TVET provisions. MOU signed with National Skill Testing Board, CTEVT to carry out the skill test of all short term training graduates produced from 5 training packages.
Quality Improvement Plan:
10 model schools (CTEVT constituent) selected with Rapid assessment and SWOT analysis.
Quality Standard Indicators for model schools developed with participatory approach through two-day workshop and gap analysis.
QIP plan formulated with provision of full integration of GESI principles in training.
QIP self-assessment for 10 model schools completed and first round of audit completed in July 2015. The audit findings will be shared to CTEVT.
- Draft of industry linkage plan prepared.
15 new programs (600 student capacity) selected for CTEVT constituent schools; Program curricula developed. The enrollment status by disaggregation in the new program has been completed.
- Organized occupational skills development training; skill upgrading training conducted, and ongoing; GESI Sensitization Workshop to 10 model schools and CTEVT staff conducted
- Human Resource Development (Occupation Skill Upgrade) trainings significantly advanced (50 persons trained)
- PIU staff participated in training and seminar (National/International) conducted by ADB.
- PIU staff participated in international TVET seminars as an exposure visit.
- Data collections completed for Training need analysis of CTEVT and its constituent schools.
ADB TA currently preparing documents for discussion on TVET sector development strategy, road map and TVET fund.
- TVET policy paper (2012) published and reviewed.
- Position paper for TVET sector development road map prepared and under process for approval by GON.
- Workshop organized on "Stakeholder orientation on TVET Policy Implementaition"
- Established TSDU within MOE.
- TVET data survey carried out in 38 districts of Nepal.
- Organizational Structure of CTEVT with goals and strategy reviewed
- Organization assessment for CTEVT restructuring completed
- Analysis and recommendations for consideration in reorganization formulated.
- Gap analysis and area of reorganization agreed (Workshop March 19-20, 2015).
- Draft reorganization to be presented for discussion by CTEVT postponed to September, 2015.
- Position paper for TVET Fund Board prepared and under process for approval by the GON.
- Five regional monitoring offices are now established and staffed with remaining offices to be established and staffed soon.
- PIU office set up with furnishing, tools and equipment, staffing and vehicles.
- Monitoring offices (5 regions) established.
- Regular meetings with Project Director and consulting team leader/deputy team leader as well as all relevant counterparts held.
- Study visit carried out trainings and employment programs organized.
- Monitoring plan drafted and will be reviewed after submission of inception plans.
- M&E provision with GESI indicators established and fully operation within PIU; Monitoring offices (5 regions) established with staffing (8), other required technical monitoring staffs will be deputed from surrounding schools (roaster preparation is in progress targeted by July 2015)
- Indicators for GESI, sex and excluded group disaggregated data developed and operationalized.
- Comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework and tools (DMF) have been developed and being implemented, field visit monitoring reports are produced.
- None yet.
- Computerized accounting system established
- Training and employment service guidelines developed.
Fiduciary review is in place for annual performance review (Project Account audited for fiscal year 2070/71 (2013/14) and submitted to ADB before 15 January 2015.
Monitoring tools developed including the indicators for disaggregated data, linkages with database to ensure disaggregated employment and income verification data.