Project awarded 5 contracts out of 6 packages for batch 1 training packages, and training commenced. Arrangements also being made for the first batch of 9,000 places for short term training to be delivered by public institutes.
Expanded provision of inclusive market-oriented training.
- Contract awarded for Far Western Region for 1800 places.
- Contract awarded for Mid-western Region for 2340 places.
- Contract awarded for Training 3 Western Development Region for 3420 places
- Contract awarded for Training 4, Central Development Region (West) for 3240 places.
- Contract awarded for Training 5, Central Development Region (East) for 3240 places.
- 4746 are enrolled in basic level training, 1576 (33.21%) are women and 3242 (63.21%) are from excluded groups.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed with 15 public technical training providers for Level 2 skill upgrading short term training. Training delivery will be made from July 2015 in the first batch (6000 of 9000).
- Quality Standard Indicators developed incorporating GESI indicators.
- Improved quality and relevance of TVET provisions. MOU signed with National Skill Tesing Board, CTEVT to carry out the skill test of all short term training graduates produced from 5 training packages.
- 10 model schools (CTEVT constituent) selected with Rapid assessment and SWOT analysis.
- Quality Standard Indicators for model schools developed with participatory approach through two-day workshop and gap analysis.
- Draft of industry linkage prepared.QIP plan formulated with provision of full integration of GESI principles in training.
- QIP self assessment for 10 model schools completed and first round of audit completed in July 2015. The audit findings will be shared to CTEVT and ADB on 18 September 2015.
- 15 new programs (600 student capacity) selected for CTEVT constituent schools; Program curricula developed. The enrollement status by disaggregation in the new program will be provided by end of September 2015.
- GESI sensitive Human Resource Development (HRD) plan for short term courses prepared and training started in TITI (Contract signed on April 30, 2015).
- GESI sensitive Occupation Skill Upgrade trainings significantly advanced (about 164 persons trained in OSU/ OSI and management: disaggregated data available for 86 which has women: 2(3%) and excluded group: 25 (29%).
- GESI Sensitization workshop for CTEVT staffs and 10 model school principals and sr. staffs conducted.
- BTech. / MTech. study program initiated for the first batch and second hatch will be submitted by end of September 2015.
- Human Resource Development (Occupation Skill Upgrade) trainings significantly advanced (50 persons trained)
- PIU staff participated in training and seminar (National/International) conducted by ADB.
- PIU staff participated in international TVET seminars as an exposure visit.
- Data collections completed for Training need analysis of CTEVT and its constituent schools.
- Terms of Reference (TOR) for Industry Partnership committees prepared; committees to be established by Sep 2015. Concept paper of enterprises linkage prepared and sent to all model schools and finalized by Sep 2015, Enterprises Advisory and Partnership Committee (EAPC) will be established by Sep 2015).
Policy, institutional and operational reforms
- ADB TA currently preparing documents for discussion on TVET sector development strategy, road map and TVET fund.
- TSDU established within MOE
- Organizational Structure of CTEVT with goals and strategy reviewed
- Organization assessment for CTEVT restructuring completed
- Analysis and recommendations for consideration in reorganization formulated.
- Gap analysis and area of reorganization agreed (Workshop March 19-20, 2015).
- Draft reorganization to be presented for discussion by CTEVT postponed to September, 2015.
- Five regional monitoring offices are now established and staffed with remaining offices to be established and staffed soon.
Effective project management and M&E
- PIU office set up with furnishing, tools and equipment, staffing and vehicles.
- Monitoring offices (5 regions) established.
-. Regular meetings with Proj Director and consulting team leader/deputy team leader as well as all relevant counterparts held.
- Study visit carried out trainings and employment programs organized.
- Monitoring plan drafted and will be reviewed after submission of inception plans.
- M&E provision with GESI indicators established and fully operation witin PIU; Monitoring offices (5 regions) established with staffing (8), other required technical monitoring staffs will be deputed from surrounding schools (roaster preparation is in progress targeted by July 2015)
- Indicators for GESI, sex and excluded group disaggregated data developed and operationali zed.
- Comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework and tools (DMF) have been developed and being implemented, field visit monitoring reports are produced.
- Training and employment service guidelines developed for private and public training and employment service providers to ensure quality and effective training and employment programs. (Uploading data base provisioned for verification of trainings for the payment; Third party monitoring firm is selected and verification started by September 2015)
- Fiduciary review is in place for annual performance review (Project Account audited for fiscal year 2070/71 (2013/14) and submitted to ADB before 15 January 2015.
- Monitoring tools developed including the indicators for disaggregated data, linkages with database to ensure disaggregated employment and income verification data.