Progress as of March 2016
-Government capacity being developed through on-the-job training on a pipeline of 16 pilot projects (health, tourism, roads, urban transport) combined with training workshops; training also aligned with JICA's training program;
- Tender for the feasibility study for a Computer Tomography Project is in the process of being awarded
-Advisory and project structuring support also being sought from ADB's Asia Pacific Public-Private Partnership Facility (AP3F)
- Amendments to the PPP Law in the process of being approved by Parliament
- Close coordination with IFC on 2 health projects
Progress as of Sept. 2015
-Operationalization of Project Development Support Facility (PDSF)underway (PDSF funds will finance the preparation of pre-feasibility or feasibility studies of potential PPP projects). As of Sept. 2015, these include: (i) CT Scan - where tender for feasibility study is ongoing; (ii) Angiography Units/Center Project; (iii) Bishkek On- Street Parking project; (iv) Ala Too Ski Cluster; (v) Logistics Center (Naryn-Chui border crossing); (PDSF applications have been submitted for review and approval for the latter four) (vi) Kemin bypass; (vii) Uzgen bypass; (viii) Almaty-Issykul Lake Road; (ix) Kubaky Pass; and (x) Bishkek Sports Hub (PDSF applications are under preparation for these 5 projects).
-Legal environment is being further improved through suggested amendments to the PPP Law.
- A PPP manual has been drafted, including a Model PPP Agreement (and are being reviewed by the Govt.)
- A PPP Program 2020, including a capacity building program and communication program, has been drafted (capacity building program is being implemented through a range of workshops; an extensive 2-week PPP training was undertaken from 24 Aug-2 Sept 2015).
- A comprehensive PPP website is operational
Progress as of March 2015
- Review mission in February 2015
- Activities to support Output 2 under the Second Investment Climate Improvement Program (Second ICIP) progressing: activities relating to subprogram 1 of the Second ICIP nearing completion; activities related ro subprograms 2 and 3 underway.
Progress of December 2014
- Review Mission fielded in November 2014 (aligned with PPTA implementation mission of the Policy-Based Loan 41544-088 whose Output 2 is 'Comprehensive PPP Program Fostered')
Progress as of September 2014
- Consultant Inception Mission completed (Aug 28-Sept 12); draft Inception Report submitted by consultant TL; additional TOR suggested based on Inception Mission; recruitment of next set of key consultants underway (International Legal Expert - to address the legal issues in the PPP manual and the further improvement of the legal environment), National PPP Specialist - to assist the PPP Unit along with the International Expert, National Communication Specialist -to address the need for the High-Level PPP sensitization and awareness , and National MIS and web design specialist- to address the need for a web design to facilitate communication and knowledge dissemination); Recommendations on adding ceratin activities under output 2, 3 and 4 to be discussed with the EA in September-October