Output 1: PPP opportunities identified and suitable projects developed:
1. Mobile Toilets in two locations
Total Project Cost (per toilet) : NRs. 1,100,000.00
Approved Seed Grant: NRs. 1,100,000.00 (for two units)
Private Operator(s): LIDS (a local NGO) and Sunita Devi Sweepers Group
Agreements between municipality and private operators have been done and project is implemented.
2. Bio-Gas Plants Construction in 25 Namuna Awas Griha at Shanti Tole
Total Project Cost: NRs. 3,715,000.00
Approved Seed Grant: NRs. 500,000.00
Private Operator: Lumanti and local people.
Construction of bio-gas plant domes is complete. Wiring work for solar lighting is going on. Project will be completed very soon.
3. Solid Waste Management in Wards 10 and 15 New Project
Total Project Cost: NRs. 7,046,330.00
Approved Seed Grant: NRs. 1,662,000.00
Private Operator: Local Initiatives Development Support Programme (LIDS)
Contract between municipality and private operator is done and project is being implemented.
4. Management of Swimming Pool, Health Club
Private Operator: Kaniya Goyal
Lease period: 5 years
Lease amount: NRs. 377,777.77
The PO has invested in repair and maintenance of the pool and added additional features. The facility is open to the public from this summer. (No funding support from PPPUE)
5. Operation of Ghadiarwa Pond
Private Operator: Naresh Keshar Agrawal Tibrewala
Lease period: 5 years
Lease amount: NRs. 722,222.22
The Private Operator has completed maintenance work and facility is open to the public. (No funding support from PPPUE)
1. Community Composting at Ramnagar, Ward No:12
Total Project Cost: NRs. 1,053,752.00
Approved Seed Grant: NRs. 5,26,876.00
Private Operator: Ram Nagar Sudhar Committee
Construction of compost chambers (yard) is 70% completed.
2. One Mobile Toilet at Hospital Line, Traffic Chowk
Total Project Cost: NRs. 11,00,000.00
Approved Seed Grant: NRs. 550,000.00
Private Operator: Mani-Mukund Sen Park Conservation Committee selected as operator of mobile toilet.
3. Street Light Project New Project
Total Project Cost: NRs. 3,523,200.00
Approved Seed Grant: NRs. 1,338,816.00
Private Operator: Suryodaya Urja (P) Ltd. (Supplier and Private Operator)
Suryodaya Urja has brought all equipment street light poles, batteries, panels, etc. - to Butwal. Installation of poles has started and construction will be completed very soon.
Output 2: Corporate accounting system instituted in select municipalities:
Consultanting firm recruitment process has been started to develop Accrual Accounting System Software for Nepalese Municipalities.
Output 3: Environmental and social safeguards framework for LGCDP operationalized
" Social and Environment Safeguards Framework (SESF) designed and approved by the Ministry.
" Training Manual on SESF prepared.
" Operational Manual for implementation of safeguards measures prepared.
" Environment Checklist prepared and disseminated to local bodies for environmental screening of projects.
" Local Environmental Policy and related guidelines prepared.
" Comprehensive manual on development of environment friendly local infrastructures prepared.
" Sample Environment Management Plan (EMP) of local infrastructures which do not IEE/EIA study and falls into category C as per ADB Environmental Guidelines were prepared.
" Environmental Monitoring Checklist prepared.
" Budget was allocated for implementation of safeguards measures in Annual Strategic Implementation Plan (ASIP) of LGCDP.
" All DDCs and Municipalities carried out orientation on SESF to orientate VDC secretaries and DDC/DTO Officials.
Output 4: Procurement guidelines for LGCDP and for local bodies developed and operationalized.
- Draft Procurement Guidelines for Local Bodies has been prepared.
- Assessment of capacity development needs in procurement for LGCDP implementation is in process.
- Procurement Plans of LGCDP developed. Formats for procurement plan for Local Bodies Developed. Draft procurement Guidelines for local bodies prepared.
- Procurement Management trainings for officials of District Development Committees and Municipalities officials provided. 285 staffs of local bodies were trained on procurement management and preparation of procurement plan.