(i) A workshop on International Experience in Monetary Policy and Exchange Rate Management will be held in Ha Long Bay, Viet Nam in January 2010;
(ii) A workshop on Early Warning System was organized in March 2010 in Ha Noi, Viet Nam ;
(iiI) Study tours to Central Banks of Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand were conducted from September to December 2010
(iv) Secondment programs to Bank Negara of Malaysia and to Bank Indonesia were organised from 10 to 23 July 2011 and from 17 October to 12 November 2011 for the State Bank of Viet Nam's staff;
(v) Workshop on Monetary policy in Challenging Macroeconomic Environment was organized on 18 November 2011 in Ha Noi, Viet Nam to (i) review the role of the monetary policy, it's coordination with other macroeconomic policies in maintaining macroeconomic stability, (ii) conduct analytical work on the current Viet Nam's monetary policy to find its achievements and shortcomings, and the challenges in maintaining macroeconomic stability; (iii) learn international experiences with using monetary policy in coordination with other macroeconomic policies for stabilizing the macro economy, and implications for Viet Nam, and (iv) provide an opportunity for exchanging views and recommendations on further improvements of monetary policy, as well as other structural reforms needed for maintaining macro-economy.
(vi) The secondment to Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas for State Bank of Viet Nam (SBV)staff was organized from 30 January to 10 February 2012; Support the organization of on- the job training for SBV staff in developing models for currency and banking crisis in February 2012;
(vii) A number of workshops were organized to develop the capacity of SBV staff and other concerned agencies. These included:
- Training workshop on Assessing Financial Vulnarabilities and Appplication of Early Warning System (EWS) from 13 to 17 August 2012; Support the organization of follow up on-the job training for State Bank of Viet Nam's responsible staff in developing models for EWS from 20-22 August 2012;
- Workshop on International Experiences of Early Warning System from 17 to 18 September 2012;
- Workshop on Foreign Exchange Management on 5 October 2012;
- Workshop on Short-term External Debt Management on 15 and 16 October 2012;
- Workshop on Basel Core Principles for Effective Banking Supervision on 25 and 26 October 2012
The TA was physically completed on 31 October 2012. Around 95% of the project fund was disbursed.
The TA Completion Report is being prepared and will be released by June 2013.