The following outputs were completed in support of project impact and outcome:
1. Capacity Building Seminar for High Level Officials conducted on 25 July-3 August 2011 in the Philippines and Singapore, with 14 participants from the PRC Ministry of Finance. Vice President Lohani opened the seminar, commended the initiative, and called for mutual knowledge sharing and cooperation. The seminar aimed at familiarizing participants with ADB's priorities, strategies, and business processes. The program included site visits to Philippine projects, showcasing lessons learned. The Executive Director for PRC Yinming Yang and EARD DG Klaus Gerhaeusser spoke the conclusion of the seminar, and thanked ADB departments that contributed to the seminar's success. The participants expressed positive impact of the seminar.
2. Loan Implementation Training for Project Management Office Staff under Loan 2657-PRC and Loan 2821-PRC was conducted on 14-16 March 2012 in Nanning, Guangxi with 50 participants.
3. Project Impementation and Administration Seminar and Procurement Clinic was held on 27-31 March 2012 in Jing Hong City with 100 participants from PRC MOF.
4. Training Workshop of Executing Agencies for Delegated Technical Assistance was held on 5-7 June 2012 in Beijing for 35 participants.
5. Loan Disbursement Seminar was conducted on 8-9 November 2012 in Hunan Province for 70 participants.
6. Project Preparation and Implementation Seminar was held for 100 government representatives on 8-12 April 2013 in Zhengzhou.
7. ADB-Asia Pacific Finance Development Center (AFDC) International Seminar on Fiscal and Taxation Policy Reform was held on 21 May 2013 in Shanghai with 30 participants benefitting from the knowledge exchange among international and Chinese fiscal and tax policy experts.
8. Financial Management Seminar held jointly with ADB Controllers Department on 7-9 August 2013 in Lanzhou, where 50 government officials participated.
9. TA 7703-PRC supported the allowance of two two Knowlege Sharing Experts (secondees) under the Regional Knowledge Sharing Initiative (RKSI) program in December 2012. The secondees learned ADB operations on knowledge exchange.
10. TA 7703-PRC supported the training on ADB operations of 1 staff from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and seconded to the Ministry of Finance, from October 2013-April 2014. The trainee was assigned to the East Asia Department and researched on facilitating people movement through visa reforms in CAREC. The trainee participated in regional cooperation and integration work in CAREC and in the country programming. The trainee also joined seminars ADB's financial products, public-private partnerships, and macroeconomics.
11. The Joint Financial Management-Disbursement Seminar was held on 23 October 2013 in Kunming with 50 government officials as participants.
12. One staff from the Gansu Finance Bureau was trained on the country programming process from 28 October 2013-1 November 2013 in Manila.
13. Fourteen high level officials from the Ministry of Finance conducted a study visit from 16-27 November 2013 to Australia and New Zealand on medium term budgeting, a priority area in PRC's fiscal policy framework.
14. 101 officials jointed the Project Preparation and Implementation Seminar conducted in Wuhan from 31 March-3 April 2014.
15. The Joint Financial Management-Disbursement Seminar was held on 28-30 May 2014 in Nanchang with 60 government officials as participants.
16. Four officials (3 from MOF and 1 from Ministry of Foreign Affairs) completed their 3-month training from 31 July 2014-31 October 2014 in Manila on project management and ADB business processes. The second batch of trainees, consisting of three officials from MOF and one from the Ministry of Commerce, completed the same training from 5 November 2014 to 31 January 2015. The third batch of trainees, consisting of 5 officials from MOF, are planned to start the same training in October 2015 up to December 2015.
17. A financial management seminar was held for 50 officials in Shandong, PRC from 19-21 November 2014.
18. A training seminar on regional cooperation and integration is planned for 21 PRC provincial government officials in the last quarter of 2015 in Manila.
19. A capacity building program on project management information system is under implementation by PRC Ministry of Finance (MOF) and PRCM.
20. Training on Public-Private Partnership Agreements is now under preparation by EAPF.
21. A seminar on Project Implementation and Administration was approved for implementation by PRCM.
21. The PRC Ministry of Finance (MOF) and ADB are in regular consultations for future areas of capacity building.
A TA Review mission was fielded 24 April 2015 to discuss the 2015 capacity program with the MOF and to speed up implementation of activities in time for the TA completion on 31 December 2015.
A TA Review Mission was conducted from 14-15 October 2014 and discussed with PRC MOF possible 2015 capacity-building activities: (i) continuation of training on project management and ADB business process; (ii) training on regional cooperation for officials from selected provinces with land borders; (iii) implementation of fiscal policy reform; (iv) workshop on medium term budget framework; and (v) continuation of financial management and project administration-related trainings.
A TA Review Mission was held on 14-17 March 2014 and was briefed on the positive results from the study visit on medium term budgeting. PRC MOF presented new training proposals for 2014 on regional cooperation as well continuation of project implementation-related training. In view of the broad range of proposed capacity building activities, TA 7703 PRC may not be completed by 31 December 2014. MOF requested ADB to extend the TA completion date. ADB approved the extension of the completion date to 31 December 2015.
A TA review mission was held in 21-22 October 2013 and discussed proposed capacity building program on medium term budgeting and overall training plan for 2013-2014.
A TA Review mission was conducted from 5-7 March 2013 (i) to discuss the status of implementation of the TA, specifically with the TA Division, MOF, the Executing Agency, since the TA had been inactive when the former task manager left EARD; and (ii) to explore the possible use of the TA funds to support the immediate activities of the Regional Knowledge Sharing Initiative (RKSI) as the expected funding from the PRC Fund has yet to be approved.