The following outputs and activities were achieved towards project outcome and impact:
1. South-South Knowledge Cooperation: Study Tour of three PRC Ministry of Finance Officials to the Republic of Korea (KOR) and Thailand (THA) held on 15-21 April 2012. In their report, MOF considered the study tour as beneficial to their work in terms of good examples on knowledge cooperation successes in KOR and THA.
2. Participation of PRC MOF officials at the High-Level Meeting on South and Triangular Cooperation "Towards Country-Led Knowledge Hubs", 10-12 July 2012, Bali, Indonesia. MOF reported the usefulness of this meeting to their knowledge cooperation work through good practices learned on knowledge hub experiences from other countries.
3. High-Level Forum on South-South Knowledge Cooperation held on 13 Sepember 2012 in Manila, with about 80 participants from 15 developing member countries. ADB President Kuroda and PRC Assistant Minister of Finance Zheng Xiaosong led the discusssion among renowed resource speakers and delegates. President Kuroda cited the ADB-PRC jointly managed Knowledge Sharing Platform which enables sharing of solutions for key emerging development issues and challenges faced by the region's developing countries; contributes to sound development management and policy making; and promotes regionally inclusive development. The KSP has also helped create learning opportunities that build on ADB's and PRC's respective key strengths.
4. The case study on PRC-ADB Knowledge Sharing Platform: Promoting South-South Cooperation was prepared, published and presented in November 2011 at the High Level Forum on Aid Effectiveness in Busan, Republic of Korea as a showcase of innovative South-South knowledge cooperation.
5. Another publication on the Case Study on South-South Cooperation: PRC-ADB Knowledge Sharing Platform was written and printed in September 2012 in time for the High Level Forum on South-South Knowledge Cooperation.
6. The launching ceremony for the Regional Knowledge Sharing Initiative (RKSI) was held on 30 August 2012 in Beijing. The RKSI is a vehicle to promote South-South cooperation by mutual learning and sharing of development experiences between the PRC and other member countries, promoting networking among knowledge institutions in the region, and linking the RKSI with agencies in the PRC and other developing member countries. The RKSI aims to enhance existing knowledge cooperation as well as regional cooperation among the PRC and other member countries.
7. The ADB-International Poverty Reduction Center in China (IPRCC) International Policy Workshop on Urban Poverty and Inclusive Cities was held on 24-25 June 2013 in Suqian, Jiangsu Province, PRC with over 110 participants from various ministries and local governments. International experts from Bangladesh,Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, Nepal, PRC, Thailand, USA, and Viet Nam led the discussions which focused on urban poverty across many countries. Policy prescriptions for PRC based on lessons learned from other countries were identified.
8. Study Tour to Malaysia and Singapore of six PRC Ministry of Finance officials was conducted from 13-21 July 2013 covering knowledge cooperation experiences of Malaysia and Singapore and identification of good examples for replication in PRC. The MOF reported that the study tour was very useful in terms of practical knowledge on knowledge exchange experiences of Malaysia and Singapore as well as on the current economic challenges of the two countries.
9. The 5th PRC-ADB Knowledge Sharing Platform (KSP) on Sustainable Vocational Training Towards Industrial Upgrading and Economic Transformation was successfully conducted on 2 5 December 2013 in Beijing, with a field visit to Guangzhou. Over 80 participants from 10 developing member countries (DMCs) participated. The workshop report was published.
10. The 6th PRC-ADB Knowledge Sharing Platform on Public-Private Partnerships was held on 25-27 November 2014 in Beijing and Shanghai with 126 participants from 14 DMC countries. Lessons and insights from global experience were shared. A publication on the workshop proceedings was published.
11. The 7th PRC-ADB Knowledge Sharing Platform on Social Assistance was held last 7-8 December 2015. There were 30 participants from - three DMCs (Philippines, Indonesia, Viet Nam), 4 resource persons, staff from WHO and Columbia University.
A TA Review Mission was fielded on 24 April 2015 to discuss final activities before the TA closing by end 2015.
On 14-15 October 2014, a TA Review Mission held discussions with PRC MOF on the 6th PRC-ADB KSP on Public-Private Partnerships and the GMS training on urban planning targeted in April/May 2015.
A TA Review Mission was held on 14-17 March 2014 to discuss the 5th KSP and remaining funds under the TA. PRC MOF proposed to organize the 6th KSP on public-private partnerships in Oct-Nov 2014.
A TA Review Mission was conducted on 21-22 October 2013 and exchanged ideas with the PRC MOF on planned activities on South-South knowledge cooperation, including the 5th KSP on vocational education.
A TA Review Mission was fielded on 5-7 March 2013 and held discussions with the Ministry of Finance (MOF), People's Republic of China (PRC) on the status of implementation of TA 7974-PRC and TA 7703-PRC, change in project officer, and planned future priority activities. Discussions also explored the possible use of the TA funds to support the immediate activities of the RKSI.