1. Country/Borrower: Government of India
2. Title of proposed project: Supporting Human Capital Development in Meghalaya
3. Name and address of the Executing Agency:
Department of Finance, Government of Meghalaya
(i) Mr. B.K. Dev Varma
Additional Chief Secretary
Department of Finance
Government of Meghalaya
(ii) Mrs. D. T. Kharshiing
Secretary to the Government of Meghalaya,
Finance (Economic Affairs) Department
Room No. 517, Main Secretariat Building
Shillong - 793001, Meghalaya, India
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Brief description of project: The Supporting Human Capital Development in Meghalaya Project will enhance the employability of Meghalaya's youth (aged 16 to 35 years) by improving the quality and delivery of its secondary (SS) and higher secondary (HS) education, and technical and vocational skill development programs. This will be done by supporting the following four outputs: (i) Improved teaching and learning in government-aided secondary and higher secondary (SS and HS) schools; (ii) Increased capacity and responsiveness of technical and vocational education and training; (iii) Increased Awareness and Participation; and (iv) Improved Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation.
5. Brief description of goods and related services, works, or consulting services to be procured and related justification for advance action):
(i) civil construction of schools buildings and teacher training centers (4 packages) through national competitive bidding;
(ii) training equipment for skill development through international competitive bidding (ICB);
(iii) computers and tables through ICB;
(iv) design and supervision international/national consultants through quality-cost-based-selection (QCBS);
(v) project management international/national consultants through QCBS;
(vi) NGO (national) for undertaking awareness building and mobilization through QBS;
(vii) institute for undertaking M&E and skill-gap analysis international/national consultants through QCBS;
(viii) four individual national consultants through Individual Consultant Selection;
(ix) skill training providers (10 packages) from international/national consultants through QCBS;
(x) teacher training providers (3 packages) from international/national consultants through QCBS;
(xi) teacher training providers (2 packages) from national consultants through single source selection;
(xii) furniture through national competitive bidding (NCB);
(xiii) MIS systems and ICT equipment through NCB;
(xiv) laboratory equipment and library books through NCB; and
(xv) Vehicles through NCB.
6. All works, equipment, and goods to be financed from the ADB loan will be carried out in accordance with the latest version of ADB's Guidelines for Procurement and services in accordance with ADB's Guidelines on the Use of Consultants by Asian Development Bank and its Borrowers. It is expected that bidding for the first service and works contracts will commence in Q2 2013.
7. Date advance action approved: 15 January 2013.