1. Output 1: Capacity of the BTr is enhanced.
1. National Investment and Debt Management Specialist
A. Objective of Assignment:
1. The objective of this technical assistance is to improve the Bureau of the Treasury's (BTr) organizational structure and the technical capacity of staff across the various operational units (e.g. human resources, dealing, processing, asset and risk management). The duration of this consultancy will be a total of 176 working days (eight months) on a continuous basis starting in September 2013 and finishing by August 2014.
B. Scope of Work:
2. The expert will work with the BTr's international expert (resident adviser) and will assist BTr in implementing the Treasury Single Account (TSA). As part of this effort, the expert will develop an updated organizational structure for the BTr with a clear delineation of responsibility and authority, and assist with its implementation. In addition, the expert will support the development of an enhanced human resources framework including revised job qualification standards, recommendations for increased salaries, and a recruitment and training strategy. The expert will also develop a structured training program for entry level staff to ensure the revised framework can be implemented. The expert will provide more advanced training to strengthen BTr's investment and risk management functions and will develop an Investment Management Framework.
C. Detailed Tasks:
(i) Develop a revised organization structure for the BTr with clearly delineated responsibilities, including job descriptions and qualification standards, along with hierarchical approval authorities, operating standards, policies and procedures and reporting methodologies.
(ii) Develop and deliver a basic capacity building program or training modules to support entry level staff and ensure that the revised organization structure can be implemented.
(iii) Develop an initial funds management strategy.
(iv) Develop an initial set of risk measures keyed to the initial funds management strategy.
(v) Develop and deliver an advanced capacity building program targeted at BTr's asset and risk management functions.
(vi) Provide ongoing policy advice to BTr to support the reorganization and launch of the BTr as well as ad hoc capacity development.
D. Minimum Qualifications:
3. The expert should have a minimum of 15 years' experience in treasury operations of a global bank, asset management firm or, alternatively, in a sovereign treasury department as an asset manager. The expert should also have management and/or supervisory responsibility sufficient to provide advice regarding the optimal organizational structure of the Btr as well as current knowledge of global investment conditions and trends.
E. Output/Report Requirements:
4. The consultancy will require a total of 176 working days to commence in August 2013. The assignment will be continuous. An office space in the BTr will be provided to the consultant. The consultant will report to the National Treasurer and other relevant officials as well as the ADB project officer.
5. The consultant will deliver the following to the Treasurer, with a copy provided to the ADB project officer; revised organizational structure, draft human resources strategy, operating policies and procedures, TNA, asset management strategy and risk management framework as well as the outline of proposed capacity building programs. In addition, the consultant will prepare quarterly reports summarizing policy advice provided to BTr and the content of any training programs completed.
2. Output 2: Impediments to improved liquidity management identified.
1. International expert Market Makers
A. Objective of Assignment:
6. The Bureau of the Treasury (BTr) has initiated a program to develop a Treasury Single Account (TSA) and to improve its cash management. In conjunction with this project, BTr wil