- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
15 Nov 2011 |
The UN estimates that 11 out of 20 mega-cities are in Asia and the Pacific. Projections indicate that by 2050, half the world's megacities with populations of over 10 million will be in this region.
11 Nov 2011 |
Though home to the fastest-growing economies, Asia and the Pacific lags behind in public health care investments. This is a major cause for concern in a region where both communicable and noncommunicable diseases are on the rise.
7 Nov 2011 | Cambodia
ADB has approved a $3 million grant to support Cambodia's efforts to recover from the floods that devastated the country in the last 2 months.
2 Nov 2011 |
Nobel Prize winner Professor Sir James Mirrlees discusses ways to reduce poverty and inequality through redistributive tax systems.
26 Oct 2011 | Bangladesh
Tourism is thriving in South Asia with overseas visitors flocking to its vast array of natural, cultural and historic attractions.
25 Oct 2011 | Indonesia
ADB is playing a key role to save one of the world's most diverse and threatened marine ecosystems.
25 Oct 2011 |
To increase transparency and accountability ADB has approved revisions to the current policy, expanding and speeding up the release of information to the public.
18 Oct 2011 | Azerbaijan
Due to the isolation from the main territory of Azerbaijan, Nakhchivan faces many challenges including the provision of security, power, food and drinking water.
17 Oct 2011 | India
India joined ADB at its founding in 1966 and since lending operations began in 1986, the world's largest democracy of 1.2 billion people has undergone dramatic changes.
11 Oct 2011 | Mongolia
Harmonious economic growth that is both inclusive and environmentally sustainable