Asia Economic Monitor - December 2010
The Asia Economic Monitor is a semiannual review of emerging East Asia's growth and policy issues. It covers the 10 members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations; People's Republic of China; Hong Kong, China; Republic of Korea; and Taipei,China. This issue includes a special section on exchange rate cooperation in East Asia.
- Emerging East Asia - A Regional Economic Update
- Recent Economic Performance
- Growth and Inflation
- Balance of Payments
- Financial Markets and Exchange Rates
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Financial Vulnerability
- Economic Outlook for 2010, Risks and Policy Issues
- External Economic Environment
- Regional Economic Outlook for 2010
- Risks to the Outlook
- Policy Issues
- Unwinding Policy Stimulus: Options for Emerging East Asia
- Why unwind?
- When should unwinding begin?
- What's the best policy mix?
- How fast to unwind stimulus?
- What should policymakers do?