Corridor Chronicles: Profiles of Cross-Border Activities in the Greater Mekong Subregion
This is a colorful account of a 19-day journey along the new or upgraded economic corridors linking members of the Greater Mekong Subregion. Based on conversations with ordinary folk, especially entrepreneurs, these stories show how trade and tourism in particular are burgeoning with improving connectivity between People's Republic of China's Guangxi and Yunnan provinces, Viet Nam, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Thailand and Cambodia.
- Guangxi, PRC: Gateway to the South
- Viet Nam: New Dawn in Highlands
- Viet Nam: Hill Tribes Rely on Tourists
- Yunnan, PRC: Business on the Move
- Lao PDR: Opening Up a Tranquil Land
- Lao PDR: Better Access to Health Care
- Thailand: Visitors Head North Crossing the Mekong
- Thailand: Phitsanulok: A Regional Hub?
- Cambodia: Bolstering Tourism
- Cambodia: Trail-Blazing Entrepreneurs