Developing Best Practices for Promoting Private Sector Investment in Infrastructure: Roads
This five-volume set presents the findings of an ADB regional technical assistance study which developed sector-specific best practices for promoting private sector participation in key infrastructure sectors in ADB's developing member countries.
The best practices cover the role of government, institutional reform, strategic planning, legal and regulatory frameworks, unbundling and competition, contractual arrangements, sources of financing, and the allocation of risk.
This volume defines the objectives of private sector participation in the road sector, reviews experiences in Asia and elsewhere, examines the degree of success that has been achieved, and identifies the key issues that provide the basis for determining best practices.
- Executive Summary
- Part 1: Study Overview
- The Growth of Private Sector Participation
- Cross-sectoral Issues for Private Sector Participation
- Summary of Sectoral Best Practices
- The Role of the Asian Development Bank
- Part 2: The Road Sector Report
- Key Issues
- Best Practices
- Appendix 1: Case Studies
- Appendix 2: Other Experience
- Appendix 3: BOT Project Databases