The Drive for Development: Impact Stories from Bhutan
The stories here detail several ADB-supported projects that have extended transportation and electricity networks, modernized financial services, expanded small business, and helped workers earn the expertise they need to thrive in Bhutan's growing economy.
- Paving the Way to Prosperity
- Road improvements have made life better for truck drivers, shopkeepers, farmers and many others.
- Light in the Countryside
- A broad approach to Bhutan's complex power challenges has kept people healthier, allowed children to learn better and fueled a nascent tech boom.
- Open for Business
- Bhutan's financial system is a fundamental building block for both the private sector and economic growth.
- Homegrown Career Opportunities
- Expanded vocational training fills a yawning gap in indigenous skills, so that vulnerable people can earn the expertise to keep pace with Bhutan's fast-growing economy.
- 16 Loans Fuel Small-Business Powerhouses
- Entrepreneurialism has a vital role to play in economic development, and loans can increase the chance of small-business success.