Financial Management and Governance Issues in Pakistan
The 1997 financial crisis in Asia exposed structural weaknesses in the banking and corporate sectors of affected countries owing largely to poor governance, lack of transparency, and weak supervision and regulation.
This report describes accounting and auditing arrangements and practices in Pakistan, identifies deficiencies in those arrangements, and presents recommendations to address those deficiencies.
- Foreword, Contents, and Executive Summary
- Accounting and Auditing in Pakistan
- Professional Infrastructure
- Accounting and Auditing Standards
- Accounting and Auditing Training
- Government Budgeting and Accounting
- Donor Assistance
- Issues and Recommendations
- Main Deficiencies and Action Plan
- References and Appendixes