Greater Mekong Subregion Economic Cooperation Program: Overview
The GMS Program, with the support of ADB and other development partners, helps identify and implement high-priority subregional projects in a wide range of sectors.
To realize its vision of a prosperous, integrated, and harmonious subregion, the GMS Program has adopted a three-pronged strategy:
- increasing connectivity through sustainable development of physical infrastructure and the transformation of transport corridors into transnational economic corridors;
- improving competitiveness through efficient facilitation of cross-border movement of people and goods and the integration of markets, production processes, and value chains; and
- building a greater sense of community through projects and programs that address shared social and environmental concerns.
- The GMS Strategic Framework 2012-2022
- The Regional Investment Framework
- GMS Program Sectors
- Development of GMS Economic Corridors