International Payments Imbalances
Over the last few years, the term 'global payments imbalances' has been used to refer to the growing current account surpluses/ deficits between different regions of the world, together with a substantial accumulation of international reserves by several Asian countries. These trends have raised a number of concerns.
- What are They?
- Imbalances: A View from the Real Economy
- Imbalances, the Debate
- Imbalances present a clear threat to global stability
- Imbalances are problematic, but are likely to unwind more gradually
- Imbalances are sustainable
- Imbalances are smaller than they appear
- Underlying Development Challenges for Asia