Least Developed Sucos: Timor-Leste
Timor-Leste has committed to creating fair and inclusive opportunity. To assist the pursuit of this goal, the paper assesses the distribution of opportunity in thesucos(i.e., village) level. This publication identifies the least-developedsucosthat mostly need extra support.
- Sucoswith the highest living standards are concentrated in or close to Dili and district centers.Sucoswith the lowest living standards are the most remote and have small populations.
- There is a large gap in opportunity betweensucosof high- and low-living standards.
- Sucoswith higher living standards have better infrastructure and health care opportunities. Education opportunity is distributed more equitably than aceess to infrastructure and health.
- Measuring Living Standards
- Alternative Approaches
- Observations and Suggestions