A Portrait of Development: Impact Stories from Bangladesh
This publication includes several impact stories which describe people and places benefiting from the partnership between ADB and Bangladesh.
Covering projects in the areas of rural livelihood, health, finance, infrastructure, and water, the brochure narrates the stories of people whose lives have been transformed by innovative ways of delivering services, such as clean tap water and better transport facilities. It also illustrates the many new development partnerships that are, for example, bringing effective health services to the countless urban poor, and improving income for the small farmers with better access to credit, know-how, and infrastructure.
- Keeping Education's Promise
- Bangladesh has high primary school enrollment rates and equally high dropout rates for older students. A revitalization of the country's education system aims to keep students in school.
- Credit, Knowledge, Infrastructure - A Winning Mix
- A project in rural Bangladesh provides farmers with training, applied research data, and price information to help them maximize returns and increase the quality of produce.
- A Mobile Revolution
- ADB assistance to Grameen Telecom has helped provide mobility and connectivity to more than 23 million subscribers in Bangladesh - and changed their lives.
- Pipe Dreams Become a Reality
- Residents in the Chittagong Hill Tracts communities of Bangladesh are piping their way out of disease and poverty.
- The Vital Signs of Accessible Health Care
- Local governments and nongovernment organizations come together to fight maternal and child mortality in Bangladesh.
- A Bridge to School
- New bridges are making travel easier across the hills of Bangladesh, and helping children stay in school.
- Women Thrive in Local Business
- In the Chittagong Hill Tracts poor rural women are transforming themselves into successful entrepreneurs.