Summary of Proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors
This publication summarizes the proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting of the ADB Board of Governors, held in Hyderabad, India, from 4 to 6 May 2006.
The Prime Minister of India, the Honorable Manmohan Singh addressed the opening session on 5 May 2006, followed by the Honorable P. Chidambaram, Minister of Finance of India, and by the President of ADB, Mr. Haruhiko Kuroda.
The Governor for India, by the Honorable P. Chidambaram, chaired the Meeting. The Governor for Palau, the Honorable Elbuchel Sadang, and the Alternate Governor for Luxembourg, Mr. Arsene Jacoby, served as Vice-Chairs.
- Summary of Proceedings of the Thirty-Ninth Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors
- Schedule of Meeting
- Provisions Relating to Conduct of Meetin
- Welcome Address by the Prime Minister of India
- Opening Address by the Chair of the Board of Governors and Governor for India
- Opening Address by the President of ADB
- Order of Speaking
- Statements by Governors
- Closing Remarks by the President of ADB
- Closing Remarks by the Chairman of the Board of Governors and Governor of India
- Reports of the Board of Directors Presented at the Meeting
- Review of Rules and Regulations
- Regulations of the Asian Development Fund dated 1 January 2006
- Report of the Procedures Committee for 2005/2006
- Resolutions Adopted at the Meeting
- List of Official Participants
- Officers of the Board of Governors and Procedures Committee for 2005/2006 and 2006/20078