Tap Secrets: The Manila Water Story
How change management transformed Manila Water into a world-class utility.
Tap Secrets is a flagship publication of Manila Water, in partnership with ADB, that reveals how change management was adopted by the company to transform the water utility into a world-class service provider.
In this book, Manila Water tells its story - the story of a water utility’s amazing transformation that is anchored on tapping the unlimited potential of important yet often underappreciated corporate resources. This is the secret of Manila Water’s success. Within each and every employee's story, when told collectively, is Manila Water's secret told.
- Part I: Overview
- Chapter 1: Tap Secrets: The Manila Water Story
- Chapter 2: The Water Crisis and Privatization
- Part II: Corporate Transformation: From Public to Private
- Chapter 3: The PPP Through a Concession Framework
- Chapter 4: The Concession Agreement
- Chapter 5: Addressing the Supply Shocks and Managing Risks
- Part III: Attaining Sustainability: The Building Blocks of Change
- Chapter 6: Tap Secrets: Corporate-Style Governance
- Chapter 7: Tap Secret 1: Enable
- Chapter 8: Tap Secret 2: Empower
- Part IV: Attaining Sustainability: The Fruits of Change
- Chapter 9: Tap Secret 3: Excel
- Part V: Maintaining Sustainability
- Chapter 10: Emerging Challenges and Issues
- Part VI: Conclusion Commitments for the Future References