- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Together We Deliver: 10 Stories from ADB-Supported Projects with Clear Development Impacts
|ISBN:||978-92-9254-492-8 (print), 978-92-9254-493-5 (web)|
This book highlights successful ADB projects across Asia and the Pacific that demonstrated development impacts, best practice, and innovation. They were implemented through the hard work of ADB’s developing member countries, with support from ADB project teams and other partners. The results of the projects have changed and will continue to change the lives of many, especially the poor.
In Afghanistan, for instance, a rail worker was able to send his daughters to school because of the salary he earns from working at a newly established railroad terminal. He is one of more than 7 million people in the country who are benefiting from the railway line, which serves as a crucial supply link into the country from its neighbors.
In Armenia, more than 600,000 people are healthier and more productive because they have access to a regular supply of clean water in their homes. This was accomplished by ADB in partnership with international experts.
In Bhutan, the government is using the revenue from exporting clean energy to neighboring India not only to grow its economy, but also to fund social programs and bring electricity to more than 8,500 rural poor households. The project was the first cross-border power generation venture financed by an international agency in South Asia.
In Solomon Islands, the government amended the law with ADB’s assistance, allowing people to use movable assets, such as cars and trucks, as collateral to start up businesses.
Partnerships are key
A recurring theme of the projects described in this book is the partnerships among developing member countries, ADB, other organizations, and individuals, which bring much more than financing to the table. With the support of their partners, developing member countries are applying innovative solutions, overcoming barriers, and achieving results. This collaboration enables a limited amount of funding to be combined with expertise and knowledge to generate a broad development impact.
This book examines case studies throughout Asia and the Pacific to better understand how governments, people, and organizations can work together to deliver results.
About Together We Deliver
Together We Deliver is jointly produced by ADB and its developing member countries as a companion publication to the 2013 Development Effectiveness Review report.
Read more of ADB's Success Stories.
- Afghanistan: A Lifesaving Link
- Armenia: Pure Water Flowing into Homes
- Bhutan: Bringing Power to Villages and Beyond
- People’s Republic of China: Clean Energy from Deadly Gas
- People’s Republic of China: Clean Water for Millions
- India: Rural Roads to Prosperity
- Indonesia: Matching Skills, Changing Lives
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic: Faucets of Change
- Mongolia: Changing the System to Focus on the Poor
- Solomon Islands: Breaking Business Barriers