Trade and Investment in Services: An ADB-ITD Training Module for the Greater Mekong Subregion
Services account for a significant share of the subregion’s GDP, ranging from 25.7% in the Lao People's Democratic Republic to 39.1% in Cambodia and 46.0% in Thailand
This training module highlights the central contribution of services to development and the role of trade and investment liberalization and effective regulation in key service sectors. It distills a number of policy- and rule-making insights arising from the practice of trade and investment liberalization in services at both the multilateral and preferential levels, with particular focus on negotiating issues and sectoral challenges emerging in the Greater Mekong Subregion.
- Background and Module Structure
- The Contribution of Services to Development
- Why Negotiate on Services?
- A Burgeoning Periphery: Selected Issues in the Preferential Liberalization of Services Trade
- Sector Dimensions
- The Contribution of Aid for Trade in Services