- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
4 May 2012
Asia’s poor spend up to 70% of their income on food, while the rising middle class place even greater demand on food and water sources. How can the region ensure everyone has enough to eat?
4 Apr 2012
A $55 million loan to Cambodia will restore roads and irrigation infrastructure destroyed by devastating floods in 2011.
4 Apr 2012
An ADB-supported project in Lao PDR helps some of the country’s most vulnerable women get the most out of their animals—and empowers women in the process.
29 Mar 2012
Irrigation expert Tushaar Shah, a Senior Fellow at the International Water Management Institute (IWMI), introduces conjunctive management as an opportunity for increasing irrigation efficiency in India which may be one of the country’s best response to some of the major challenges in the irrigation sector.
29 Mar 2012
An agribusiness support initiative has enabled fruit growers to get international quality certification, providing access to lucrative new markets and boosting incomes for farmers.
27 Mar 2012
The Bangladesh Water Development Board (BWDB) has taken a bold step forward to initiate a new approach which, if successfully implemented, could be replicated in other major irrigation systems to have a profound impact on food security, water use efficiency and sustainable growth.
19 Mar 2012
Self-help groups help rural Nepali women lease land and grow high value vegetables when rice fields are fallow. Now families can earn income between rice seasons.
27 Feb 2012
A project in Cambodia is helping some of the country's poorest women and families put food on the table, and is building better emergency response systems.
15 Feb 2012
Two-thirds of the world's one billion hungry reside in Asia and the Pacific. Rising food prices and other global factors are adding to the current problems of food shortages and undernutrition to millions more in the region.
6 Feb 2012
A comprehensive approach to agricultural reforms is helping landowners hold onto property and generate incomes close to home.