- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
20 Jun 2012
ADB is a key supporter of many of the issues underpinning the Rio+20 conference, including the development of the Sustainable Development Goals; the encouragement of green growth, energy access, sustainable infrastructure; the promotion of green cities; and the preservation of Asia's critical ecosystems.
20 Jun 2012
One theme of Rio+20 is the green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication. Green growth can be seen as a way to pursue economic growth and development while preventing environmental degradation, and a means to achieve a green economy.
11 Jun 2012
Resident Director General Alessandro Pio of ADB's North America Representative Office joins UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon at a bike ride in New York City promoting Rio+20.
31 May 2012
Investing in energy efficiency and renewable energy provides a win-win solution to developing countries that need to balance economic and environmental priorities.
22 May 2012
The Rio+20 Conference will take place in June to mark the 20th anniversary of the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development. Here are 12 things to know about sustainable development.
16 May 2012
A poorly lit four-lane tunnel that crosses one of Metro Manila’s key thoroughfares has been illuminated using solar technology and a public-private partnership supported by ADB. The sub-standard lights of the Boni Tunnel, which intersects EDSA, were replaced with solar-powered light emitting diodes or LEDs.
24 Apr 2012
As part of ADB's ongoing mission to promote solar investment across the region, experts and investors have gathered in Jodhpur, Rajasthan for the 4th Asia Solar Energy Forum to explore the latest trends and issues.
16 Dec 2011
ADB's pilot wind power project brings inclusive and sustainable growth in poor rural areas suffering from acute energy shortage.
20 Sep 2011
Economic growth that is environmentally sustainable can eliminate poverty.
3 May 2011
The energy sector plays a vital role in Viet Nam's efforts to decrease poverty and spread the benefits of economic growth.