- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
7 Jul 2014
ADB will invest $228 million in energy projects in the Pacific in the next 3 years to help the region reduce its heavy reliance on fossil fuels and support more sustainable and environmentally friendly growth, according to its new Pacific Energy Update 2014.
7 Jul 2014
ADB has approved a $180 million equivalent loan to help Nepal overcome its crippling power shortages and export surplus power to neighboring India.
3 Jul 2014
ADB has approved a $300 million loan to help India’s northeastern Assam state continue its drive to eliminate power sector inefficiencies that are hurting its consumers, its world-famous tea industry, and its environment.
3 Jul 2014
ADB has made an equity investment of $50 million in a leading Indian renewable energy company ReNew Power Ventures Private Limited (ReNew Power), underscoring ADB’s commitment to help India meet its clean energy targets.
25 Jun 2014
ADB announced today the establishment of a new trust fund to support the adoption of advanced low-carbon technologies in its developing member countries (DMCs), with a grant of ¥1.8 billion (about $17.65 million) from the Government of Japan.
18 Jun 2014
The 9th Asia Clean Energy Forum today saw the launch of a Sustainable Energy for All hub for Asia Pacific, aimed at mobilizing investment and finding innovative ways to bring clean, modern energy to the people of Asia and the Pacific.
16 Jun 2014
ADB today signed with the Solomon Islands grant and loan agreements to help the Government boost energy access and renewable energy generation in Auki, the capital of Malaita province.
9 Jun 2014
A wind-solar hybrid system installed in Dhaubadi village of Nawalparasi district in December 2011 has been handed over to the Alternative Energy Promotion Center (AEPC) of Nepal's Ministry of Environment.
29 May 2014
ADB will bring power to 25 off-grid villages of Myanmar, through a $2 million grant project to pioneer the expansion of renewable energy in the country.
13 May 2014
Under a $2 million technical assistance grant project, ADB and Japan will study the electricity transmission and distribution constraints faced by Ulaanbaatar in preparation for a major power project that would help 1.2 million people.