- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
27 Feb 2014
ADB's headquarters in Manila is now meeting all its energy needs from renewable sources following a geothermal power supply agreement with AdventEnergy Inc., a licensed retail electricity supplier of Aboitiz Power.
17 Feb 2014
ADB and the Government of India today signed a $350 million loan for selective transmission and distribution system improvements critical for meeting the growing demand of power in Madhya Pradesh.
12 Feb 2014
ADB and the Government of Pakistan today signed an agreement under which ADB will provide $900 million for the 600 megawatt Jamshoro supercritical coal-fired power plant.
6 Feb 2014
It is critical that Asia’s precious but increasingly scarce water resources are managed in a coordinated way to ensure the region has not only sufficient water but also enough food and energy to meet its needs, ADB President Takehiko Nakao said today.
17 Dec 2013
ADB has approved a loan of $167.2 million for eight distribution companies in Pakistan to improve the power distribution system to help provide reliable, regular electricity to businesses and domestic consumers.
16 Dec 2013
ADB will provide a $150 million loan to Petronet LNG Ltd to increase the capacity of Petronet’s LNG terminal in Gujarat state in India to help reduce the unmet energy demand in the country, which has been one of the major constraints for efficient economic growth.
13 Dec 2013
ADB has approved a $350 million loan for power asset upgrades that will allow the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh to meet booming consumer demand for power.
9 Dec 2013
Some 480,000 households in four regions in Myanmar will have better access to a more reliable supply of electricity to support their daily activities with a $60 million loan from ADB, the first project loan since re-engaging with Myanmar, which will rehabilitate sections of the country’s power distribution network.
9 Dec 2013
ADB is providing a $900 million loan for a new supercritical coal power generation unit in Pakistan that will deliver reliable, cost effective electricity to hundreds of thousands of energy-starved households and businesses.
5 Dec 2013
ADB and the Government of Australia are expanding access to economical and reliable energy for rural Cambodian households, including through the promotion of cookstoves in Svay Rieng and Kampong Cham provinces.