- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
12 Sep 2014
ADB and the Government of India today signed two loans totaling $150 million to help build transmission lines that will support renewable energy development in the state of Rajasthan.
3 Sep 2014
With water becoming increasingly scarce, Mongolia needs to take steps to include water resource considerations in its development planning for energy and mining, according to a new study by ADB and Mongolia’s Ministry of Environment and Green Development (MEGD).
21 Aug 2014
ADB is supporting a 290-megawatt hydropower project in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR) under a public-private partnership arrangement.
24 Jul 2014
Asia’s governments must make tough choices in energy investments that can provide affordable energy while meeting pressing environmental objectives, especially on climate change, says a study by ADB's Independent Evaluation Department.
22 Jul 2014
ADB will provide a loan of up to $50 million, supported by the Clean Technology Fund, to share risks with the private sector during the project development and exploration phase of the Rantau Dedap geothermal project in Indonesia.
15 Jul 2014
ADB has approved a $300 million loan to upgrade Uzbekistan’s Takhiatash thermal power plant to meet rising electricity demand in the west of the fast-growing Central Asian country.
15 Jul 2014
ADB has approved a $300 million dual-tranche loan to help Sri Lanka scale up its use of clean energy and cut its reliance on costly petroleum oil for electricity generation.
7 Jul 2014
ADB will invest $228 million in energy projects in the Pacific in the next 3 years to help the region reduce its heavy reliance on fossil fuels and support more sustainable and environmentally friendly growth, according to its new Pacific Energy Update 2014.
7 Jul 2014
ADB has approved a $180 million equivalent loan to help Nepal overcome its crippling power shortages and export surplus power to neighboring India.
3 Jul 2014
ADB has approved a $300 million loan to help India’s northeastern Assam state continue its drive to eliminate power sector inefficiencies that are hurting its consumers, its world-famous tea industry, and its environment.