Finance Sector Development: Events
See events related to finance.
- 2 - 3 September 2015 Seminar on Enhancing Financial Accessibility for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs): Lessons from National Practices on Improving Access to Finance in Asia and the Pacific ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThis seminar aims to discuss national efforts to improving small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) access to finance and explore potential policy framework needed to scale up SME access to finance at the national and regional level.
- 4 September 2015 Future of Asia's Finance, from IMF's Vantage Point ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will present the new book "the Future of Asian Finance".
- 17 - 18 September 2015 Global Seminar on Disaster Risk Financing Sasana Kijang, Kuala LumpurThis event aims to establish a framework for the development of disaster risk financing strategies for the improvement of disaster risk transfer markets and tools.
- 24 - 25 October 2015 Central-Local Government Relations: Fiscal Sustainability Wuhan, PRCAnalyze mechanisms, promote fiscal decentralization and fiscal stability at local and national levels.
- 7 August 2015 Adjusting to an Optimal Exchange Rate System Beijing, PRCADBI Dean Naoyuki Yoshino gave a presentation at the People’s Bank of China (PBC) in Beijing on 7 August.
- 6 August 2015 Japan's Lost Decade, SME Financing, and Infrastructure Investment Beijing, PRCADBI Dean Naoyuki Yoshino gave a presentation at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and he touched upon Japan “lost decade,” partly caused by an aging population, a low rate of return on capital investment.
- 4 August 2015 Seminar: Pacific Opportunities: Leveraging the Benefits of Asia’s Growth ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will analyze the opportunities for the Pacific region that arise from strong growth and economic transformation in Asia.
- 29 July 2015 Distinguished Speaker Seminar: Liquidity Requirements, Liquidity Choice and Financial Stability ADBI, Tokyo, JapanSeminar by Anil Kashyap entitled, Liquidity requirements, liquidity choice and financial stability. The lecture will survey the existing work on liquidity regulation of banks and present a framework for discussing the regulation.
- 29 July 2015 Seminar: Death of a Reserve Currency ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar examines the downfall of the Bank of Amsterdam, which was the dominant central bank in Europe for much of the 18th century.
- 22 July 2015 Seminar: Is Bank Home Bias Good or Bad for Public Debt Sustainability? ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis Seminar will analyze the implications of bank home bias for sovereign debt sustainability.
- 10 July 2015 Asia Credit Rating Forum ADBI, Tokyo, JapanTo better understand the credit rating situation in developing countries in Asia and to develop appropriate recommendations to improve the current outcomes, ADBI and ACCRA jointly organize the “Asia Credit Rating Forum” in Tokyo.
- 7 July 2015 Distinguished Speaker Seminar: Regulations, Foreign Banks and Income Inequality ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will provide cross-country evidence that variations in bank regulatory policies result in differences in income distribution.
- 6 July 2015 Seminar: Pay Attention or Pay Extra? Findings on Investor Compensation for the Implicit Credit Risk of Structured Products ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will discuss current investor compensation for the implicit credit risk of structure products.
- 15 June 2015 Seminar: Global Imbalances and Europe ADBI, Tokyo, JapanPurpose ADBI’s Seminar Series brings eminent persons to ADBI to encourage debate among policymakers, researchers, academics, think tanks, and other audiences interested in economic development challenges in the Asia and Pacific region.
- 29 May 2015 Credit Risk Analysis of SMEs Bangkok, ThailandPolicy dialogue to improve the capacity of policymakers to develop credit databases on SMEs to expand access to finance. Discussion of deposit insurance.
- 25 May 2015 Seminar: Global Liquidity Glut, Capital Controls and the Pretence of Knowledge in the PRC and the US ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will argue that following F. A. Hayek article published in The American Economic Review (1989) the use of capital controls is a 'Pretence of Knowledge' in two regards.
- 13 May 2015 Seminar: Economic and Financial Development, and Income Inequality ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will examine the relationship between financial development and income inequality, taking into account the well-known relationship between economic development and income inequality.
- 16 April 2015 ASEAN Studies Center Distinguished Speaker Lecture: Eight Conditions for Economic Development Letts Formal Lounge (Letts Hall) American University, 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, USA, 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.The ASEAN Studies Center and the ADB North American Representative Office cordially invite you to attend an ASEAN Studies Center Distinguished Speaker Lecture: Eight Conditions for Economic Development.
- 13 April 2015 Distinguished Speaker Seminar: Currency Turbulence and Banking Crises ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe seminar will present the view that a floating currency arrangement is necessary because of the large changes in the prices of real estate, stocks and bonds, and commodities.
- 18 - 19 March 2015 Forum on Promoting Remittances for Development Finance ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe workshop will explore the broader realm, economic implications, and potential of remittances.
- 11 - 13 March 2015 ADBI-OECD Joint Events: Roundtable on Capital Market and Financial Reform in Asia and High-Level Panel on Institutional Investors and Long-term Investment Financing ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis roundtable examines the challenges and risks facing the Asian capital markets as the global financial system transitions toward the path of greater financial stability. Among the key issues to be discussed are the recent financial sector developments and challenges in Asia, impact and implications of global international financial reforms, non-bank financial intermediaries, comparative evaluation of different forms of small and medium scale enterprise (SME) financing, and role of capital markets in value creation.
- 22 - 23 January 2015 High-Level Global Symposium: Promoting Better Lifetime Planning through Financial Education ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe purpose of this project is to identify approaches to promoting financial education that are likely to have a positive impact on the ability of households and SMEs to make more effective use of financial products and services.
- 22 - 23 January 2015 ADBI-BOJ-JFSA-OECD High-Level Global Symposium: Promoting Better Lifetime Planning through Financial Education ADBI, Tokyo, JapanIncreasing financial inclusion, that is, affordable and appropriate access to financial services by households and small and medium-sized enterprises is an important aspect of the general goals of inclusive growth and financial development.
- 16 January 2015 ADBI-IDB 2015 Latin America/Caribbean and Asia/Pacific Economics and Business Association (LAEBA) Seminar on SME Internationalization ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe purpose of this joint event with the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is to exchange ideas and explore avenues for collaboration on this priority ADB/ADBI flagship study - The role of SMEs and inclusive development in Asia.