- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
12 Feb 2014
ADB will provide an additional $25 million loan to the Government of Nepal to complete the Melamchi tunnel and help alleviate a severe water shortage in the Kathmandu Valley.
6 Feb 2014
It is critical that Asia’s precious but increasingly scarce water resources are managed in a coordinated way to ensure the region has not only sufficient water but also enough food and energy to meet its needs, ADB President Takehiko Nakao said today.
21 Nov 2013
ADB is assisting the Government of Palau by providing two loans worth $28.8 million to fund a project that will bring substantial improvements to Palau’s sanitation systems.
20 Nov 2013
ADB is helping the People’s Republic of China improve the quality of wastewater management and reuse through a $240 million private sector loan package to Beijing Enterprises Water Group Limited, an integrated water infrastructure operator. The loan agreement was signed today in Beijing.
4 Nov 2013
Six cities in Myanmar will tackle emerging challenges in water supply, sanitation, waste management, drainage and flood management with a $2 million grant from the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction, to be administered by ADB.
23 Oct 2013
ADB has approved a $250 million loan to expand the coverage and quality of water supplies to nearly 11 million people in Dhaka, Bangladesh’s fast-growing capital city.
11 Oct 2013
An ADB loan to the Government of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic will deliver clean water and better sanitation to residents of 11 small towns in the country.
30 Sep 2013
ADB has approved a $88 million loan to the Sri Lankan government for phase two of the Greater Colombo Water and Wastewater Management Improvement Investment Program.
26 Sep 2013
ADB will provide $400 million in loans to help the Indian city of Kolkata expand and improve water and sanitation systems in peripheral areas of the fast-growing metropolis which are missing out on quality services.
25 Sep 2013
ADB will help overhaul a 45-year-old, inefficient water supply system in Bukhara and Navoi provinces in Uzbekistan, that will secure reliable irrigation to 6,500 farms and provide drinking water access to 725,000 consumers.