- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
23 Sep 2014
ADB has approved project loans of $150 million to upgrade two key barrages in Pakistan’s Punjab region, which will support livelihoods for hundreds of thousands of farm families and reduce flood risks.
17 Sep 2014
The Government of Timor-Leste, ADB and vocational training centers-Don Bosco Comoro, Dili Institute of Technology Baucau, SENAI Becora, and CNEFP Tibar will join forces today to support a series of demonstrations of skills gained by trainees who have participated in the Timor-Leste Mid-Level Skills Training Project.
23 Jul 2014
ADB has received a US Department of Treasury award for a pioneering rail project in Afghanistan that is providing a cross-border trade link crucial to the country’s post-conflict economy.
17 Jul 2014
The Government of Kiribati, the University of the South Pacific and ADB participated in a ground-breaking ceremony today to officially mark the first step toward upgrading the USP’s Tarawa Campus, which will boost students’ access to higher education.
10 Jun 2014
A $400 million ADB project to improve water and wastewater management services in greater Colombo will be expanded through cofinancing of $101 million from Agence Francaise de Developpement.
19 May 2014
ADB will lend $350 million to Bangladesh to help public and private institutions scale up skills training for 1.25 million young workers so they are well-equipped to find jobs and meet the changing needs of today’s labor market.
4 May 2014
Asia and the Pacific is the most dynamic region in the world. Yet, poverty remains the biggest challenge. ADB will sharpen its operational focus to better help its clients overcome challenges, ADB President Takehiko Nakao said today in his opening address to the 47th Annual Meeting of ADB’s Board of Governors.
24 Apr 2014
Work has begun to upgrade and rehabilitate the Keru Wharf near New Georgia in Western Province. The wharf is one of four wharves to be improved under the second phase of the Domestic Maritime Support Project, which is financed by the Solomon Islands Government, ADB, the Australian Government, and the New Zealand Aid Programme.
28 Mar 2014
ADB will provide an additional $30 million loan to the Government of Nepal to scale up the upgrading of the Gautam Buddha Airport (GBA) in Bhairahawa into an international airport with higher air safety standards.
15 Mar 2014
Officials from the Dhaka Water Supply and Sewerage Authority and ADB today met with international and local prospective bidders to discuss plans for an ADB-funded project to develop a surface water supply system for the fast-growing capital city of Dhaka, where groundwater is depleting rapidly.