- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
17 Feb 2014
Work begins today to upgrade and rehabilitate the Ringgi Wharf on Kolombangara Island in Western Province. The wharf is one of four wharves to be improved under the Domestic Maritime Support Project which is financed by the Solomon Islands Government, ADB, the Australian Government, and the New Zealand Aid Programme.
12 Feb 2014
ADB will provide an additional $25 million loan to the Government of Nepal to complete the Melamchi tunnel and help alleviate a severe water shortage in the Kathmandu Valley.
12 Feb 2014
ADB and the Government of Pakistan today signed an agreement under which ADB will provide $900 million for the 600 megawatt Jamshoro supercritical coal-fired power plant.
17 Jan 2014
ADB and the Kyrgyz government have signed a financing agreement for the implementation of the reconstruction of a section of the Bishkek-Osh road that will strengthen national and regional connectivity and promote inclusive growth.
13 Dec 2013
ADB will provide $163.7 million for the building of better roads, installation of more effective water supply and sewerage systems, and the provision of heating services in Ulaanbaatar to help upgrade basic urban infrastructure and services in peri-urban areas of Ulaanbaatar, also known as ger areas, where a majority of the city’s poor residents live.
9 Dec 2013
Some 480,000 households in four regions in Myanmar will have better access to a more reliable supply of electricity to support their daily activities with a $60 million loan from ADB, the first project loan since re-engaging with Myanmar, which will rehabilitate sections of the country’s power distribution network.
9 Dec 2013
ADB is providing a $900 million loan for a new supercritical coal power generation unit in Pakistan that will deliver reliable, cost effective electricity to hundreds of thousands of energy-starved households and businesses.
5 Dec 2013
ADB has approved a $136 million grant, the largest single transaction ever provided by the institution to Tajikistan, for a project to increase supply of renewable energy to national and regional power systems.
26 Nov 2013
ADB has approved a $159 million grant for a power transmission project to help Afghanistan overcome shortages in key areas and ultimately aid its push to become an exporter of surplus electricity to neighboring countries.
22 Nov 2013
ADB will provide a loan totaling $110 million for a 100-megawatt solar power plant in Samarkand, Uzbekistan that will promote large scale solar energy development in the country.