- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
9 Dec 2013
Some 480,000 households in four regions in Myanmar will have better access to a more reliable supply of electricity to support their daily activities with a $60 million loan from ADB, the first project loan since re-engaging with Myanmar, which will rehabilitate sections of the country’s power distribution network.
9 Dec 2013
ADB is providing a $900 million loan for a new supercritical coal power generation unit in Pakistan that will deliver reliable, cost effective electricity to hundreds of thousands of energy-starved households and businesses.
5 Dec 2013
ADB has approved a $136 million grant, the largest single transaction ever provided by the institution to Tajikistan, for a project to increase supply of renewable energy to national and regional power systems.
26 Nov 2013
ADB has approved a $159 million grant for a power transmission project to help Afghanistan overcome shortages in key areas and ultimately aid its push to become an exporter of surplus electricity to neighboring countries.
22 Nov 2013
ADB will provide a loan totaling $110 million for a 100-megawatt solar power plant in Samarkand, Uzbekistan that will promote large scale solar energy development in the country.
19 Nov 2013
Samoa will reduce its reliance on fossil fuels and improve its energy sector’s resilience to future natural disasters with a $23.8 million project funded by ADB to rehabilitate three small hydropower plants on Upolu and construct three new hydropower plants on Upolu and Savai’i.
18 Nov 2013
ADB Deputy Director General of the Pacific Department Noriko Ogawa and Timor-Leste’s Finance Minister Emilia Pires today signed a $50 million loan to upgrade the road linking Manatuto and Natarbora, part of a national plan to create a network of reliable, safe roads to increase passenger and cargo traffic while reducing travel times.
23 Oct 2013
ADB has approved a $250 million loan to expand the coverage and quality of water supplies to nearly 11 million people in Dhaka, Bangladesh’s fast-growing capital city.
22 Oct 2013
ADB has approved a $430 million equivalent loan to expand and strengthen Pakistan’s national social safety net program, which is helping to lift millions of families out of poverty.
3 Oct 2013
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will lend Bangladesh $500 million to help finance a major overhaul of secondary education to meet the country's need for skilled, technology-savvy workers.