- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
ADB Young Professionals Program (YPP)
Want to grow professionally by building on your training and experience?
Want to help improve the lives of people in Asia and the Pacific?
ADB's Young Professionals Program (YPP) recruits highly qualified and motivated individuals to ADB. YPP provides the foundation for a challenging and rewarding professional career in an international development environment. YPP offers a range of opportunities to develop professional skills and understanding of ADB's operations, policies and procedures.
The fundamental objective of the program is to recruit a limited number of entry level professionals with relatively less experience, but with the potential to grow into full fledged staff contributing to ADB's Strategy 2020.
Young professionals (YPs) are offered a 3-year fixed-term appointment in ADB headquarters. YPs will be initially joining one of ADB’s operational departments and then assigned to another department/office as a rotational assignment for 12 months. During this period, YPs are expected to demonstrate competencies required for the positions. The work assignments enable them to further develop their expertise and broaden their perspective through exposure to various aspects of ADB work. YPs may participate in missions for activities in fact finding and appraisal, project review and completion, country programming, sector and policy studies, or disbursement.
YPs will set up a developmental plan under the guidance of their supervisors and human resources teams. In this plan, they identify learning programs offered in ADB to enable them to improve their technical skills and acquaint them with ADB policies and procedures.
Please read the requirements listed below before proceeding to the application process:
- AGE: not more than 32 years old upon joining ADB;
- EDUCATION: a university degree in economics, finance, business administration, transport management, urban and regional planning, environment, public management, or engineering, or related fields; preferably at postgraduate level or its equivalent;
- EXPERIENCE: at least 3 years of relevant professional experience, with international experience working in areas related to ADB operations;
- NATIONALITY: a national of one of ADB's members;
- LANGUAGE: excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- ATTITUDE: able to work with others of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
The recruitment for the 2014 ADB Young Professionals (YP) Program will commence in January 2014 and will accept applications until March 2014. Please note that in order to apply for YP positions, applicants must set up an online account at the ADB Recruitment Center (ARC).
Applications will go through rigorous screening process. After preliminary interviews which are conducted through phone and video conferences, shortlisted applicants will be invited to ADB headquarters in Manila, Philippines for panel interviews. Newly appointed Young Professionals will be expected to be on board by end of September 2014.
The YP Program is highly competitive and only a limited number of candidates are selected annually. Due to the volume of applications, ADB will not reply to inquiries about application status and will only contact shortlisted candidates. Application status may be checked through the ADB Recruitment Center (ARC). Applicants must also keep contact details updated as ADB will contact shortlisted candidates to schedule preliminary interviews.
ADB offers a compensation and benefits package that is internationally competitive and comparable with other multilateral institutions. Salaries are paid in US dollars and are tax-exempt, unless your government determines that it is subject to taxation. You may also be entitled to housing, children's education subsidy, health care, insurance, home country travel, and retirement benefits. Read more.
For further information not included above, please use the email contact form.