In the Spotlight
The Viet Nam Agriculture Science and Technology Project was recognized along with two other ADB projects in the Independent Evaluation Awards.
This inaugural learning event focuses on the exchange and synthesis of ideas on the latest and practicable thinking on evaluation. It is aimed at enhancing evidence-based decision making to contribute to the development of the region. This event is in response to the growing attention on the use of evaluation for better results and accountability.
There is a shift from social development to infrastructure development due to the increase of environmental catastrophes and climate change effects. Before this gets out of hand, it is important that we create low-carbon intensity and climate-resilient infrastructure which will sustain economic growth and people's well-being.
Uncertainty in the global economic outlook threatens to undermine the resolve of countries in Asia to implement urgently needed investments and policies to help put their economies on an environmentally sustainable growth path, says the report by Independent Evaluation at ADB.
The Independent Evaluation Department (IED) independently and systematically evaluates ADB policies, strategies, operations, and special concerns that relate to organizational and operational effectiveness. By doing so, it contributes to achieving development effectiveness of ADB operations by providing evaluation feedback on performance, and generating and disseminating evaluation lessons.
There are two levels of evaluation in ADB:
- self-evaluation, conducted by those responsible for designing and implementing a country strategy, program, or project
- independent evaluation undertaken by IED
- Annual Evaluation Reviews
- Country Assistance Program Evaluations
- Sector Assistance Program Evaluations
- Corporate and Thematic Evaluation Studies
- Impact Evaluation Studies
- Syntheses of Evaluation Findings
- Project/Program Performance Evaluations
- Technical Assistance Performance Evaluation Reports
- Validations of Project Completion Reports
- Validations of Country Partnership Strategy Final Reviews
- Evaluation Knowledge Studies
- Topical Papers
- Learning Curves
- Learning Lessons