In the Spotlight
This report informs ADB’s Board and Management on Independent Evaluation’s findings and views on ADB operational performance over 2014 and on Management’s follow-up to its previous recommendations. It pays special attention to sustainability issues.
This evaluation assesses the relevance of the Pacific Approach in the Pacific small island states, the extent to which it was implemented and whether it has made a difference to results.
Safeguards Operational Review: ADB Processes, Portfolio, Country Systems, and Financial Intermediaries
Examines ADB’s approach to support the strengthening and effective application of country safeguard systems, and the degree and effectiveness of the implementation of safeguard requirements for financial intermediary projects.
Assesses the strategic relevance of technical assistance (TA) within ADB and how TA and its associated management processes ADB can better contribute to development effectiveness.
As Nepal faces the daunting task of relief, recovery and rehabilitation, past experiences provide some lessons on how to deal with this and future catastrophes.
The Independent Evaluation Department (IED) independently and systematically evaluates ADB policies, strategies, operations, and special concerns that relate to organizational and operational effectiveness. By doing so, it contributes to achieving development effectiveness of ADB operations by providing evaluation feedback on performance, and generating and disseminating evaluation lessons.
There are two levels of evaluation in ADB:
- self-evaluation, conducted by those responsible for designing and implementing a country strategy, program, or project
- independent evaluation undertaken by IED
- Annual Evaluation Reviews
- Country Assistance Program Evaluations
- Sector Assistance Program Evaluations
- Special Evaluation Studies
- Impact Evaluation Studies
- Syntheses of Evaluation Findings
- Project/Program Performance Evaluations
- Technical Assistance Performance Evaluation Reports
- Validations of Project Completion Reports
- Validations of Country Partnership Strategy Final Reviews
- Evaluation Knowledge Studies
- Learning Curves
- Learning Lessons