In the Spotlight
This evaluation assesses ADB's experience in piloting results-based lending instrument and to identify key issues and lessons. It provides recommendations to improve operations, enable this new instrument to be mainstreamed, and enhance its potential to add value to its member countries and to ADB itself.
This paper identifies key lessons to help ADB improve the implementation and effectiveness of its country programs and to increase understanding of the role of country partnership strategy in ensuring development effectiveness.
The self-evaluation has been undertaken to take stock of the relevance and effectiveness of IED’s evaluation products and processes, and to identify opportunities to enhance the quality and influence of the evaluations and strengthen IED’s effectiveness and impact.
This evaluation of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) support for gender and development (GAD) examined the relevance and results of ADB’s gender priorities at the corporate, country, and project levels during 2005–2015.
The 2017 Annual Evaluation Review provides an independent perspective of ADB’s performance. It informs on whether ADB’s initiatives made a difference in addressing the pressing development challenges in Asia and the Pacific.
The Independent Evaluation Department (IED) independently and systematically evaluates ADB policies, strategies, operations, and special concerns that relate to organizational and operational effectiveness. By doing so, it contributes to achieving development effectiveness of ADB operations by providing evaluation feedback on performance, and generating and disseminating evaluation lessons.
- Annual Evaluation Reviews
- Country Assistance Program Evaluations
- Sector Assistance Program Evaluations
- Corporate and Thematic Evaluation Studies
- Impact Evaluation Studies
- Syntheses of Evaluation Findings
- Project/Program Performance Evaluations
- Technical Assistance Performance Evaluation Reports
- Validations of Project Completion Reports
- Validations of Country Partnership Strategy Final Reviews
- Evaluation Knowledge Studies
- Topical Papers
- Learning Curves
- Learning Lessons