- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
This special evaluation study assesses the effectiveness of ADB support for public sector reforms in Pacific developing member countries.
Validates the completion report's assessment of the program designed to establish a civil service in Nepal that is more results- and people-oriented and gender-responsive. Its specific objectives were to develop internal capacity within the government, improve efficiency and governance, enhance the competence and motivation of civil servants, and establish processes for improving performance in key ministries. IED overall assessment: Partly successful
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the special evaluation study on effectiveness of ADB's capacity development assistance and how to get institutions right to assess ADB's contribution to this global development agenda.
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the evaluation study on capacity development assistance of ADB to the Lao People's Democratic Republic between 1990 and mid-2003.
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the assessment of capacity development initiatives to selected sectors in Sri Lanka and provided some guidance on the design of future capacity development support.
This special evaluation study aimed to determine the major causes of cost underruns and overruns of ADB projects, assess the contribution of each major factor to cost variations and recommend ways to improve the reliability of cost estimates.
This report covers five advisory technical assistance aimed at ensuring the absorptive capacity and ability of the governments of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, and Mongolia to implement road projects. It also covers a regional technical assistance study to update road design and construction standards in these three countries.
This special evaluation study was designed to analyze which aspects of the public expenditure management cycle ADB's technical assistance addresses and which approaches it uses for building capacities.