- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
This project performance evaluation report reviews the nonsovereign components of the project involving the provision of a partial credit guarantee to one financial institution to support its lending to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and a proposed equity investment in a credit information bureau. The rationale and objectives of both components were to improve the enabling environment for SMEs and their ability to access finance.
This performance evaluation report assesses ADB’s support to the project as highly successful based on the criteria of development impact and outcome and, from ADB’s side, investment profitability, work quality, and additionality. A lesson from this project and ADB’s wider engagement in Cambodia’s energy sector since the early 1990s is long-term sector engagements help facilitate enabling environments, as it has in Cambodia’s energy sector.
This performance evaluation report presents the independent evaluation of the Grameenphone telecommunications projects in Bangladesh. It identifies the lessons from the project which can then be used to assist in the design and implementation of future ADB private sector operations in the region, particularly investments in similar projects.
This report assesses ADB's equity investments in the Walden AB Ayala Ventures Co., Inc. and Walden AB Ayala Management Company, Inc. The overall development outcome and impact is rated less than satisfactory.
This report evaluates the performance of the Ninth Power Project aimed to improve the electric supply in Dhaka area and nearby rural areas in Bangladesh.
This report evaluates the performance of the Third Natural Gas Development Project aimed to promote sector reforms, expand the gas distribution and treatment facilities and upgrade, rehabilitate and expand the gas transmission distribution in Banglades...
This report evaluates the performance of the Dahej Liquefied Natural Gas Terminal Project designed to construct and operate a liquefied natural gas import and regasification terminal at Dahej in Gujarat state in India.
This report evaluates the performance of the Loans to Nghi Son Cement Corporation which aims to construct a cement plant at Nghi Son and a cement handling terminal in Ho Chi Minh City in Viet Nam.
This report evaluates the performance of the SBI DFHI Limited designed to support the formation of an accredited primary dealers network that would provide an impetus for active trading in Government securities in India.