- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
On 15 May 2013, the Director General, Independent Evaluation Department, received the following response from the Managing Director General on behalf of the Management on the Thematic Evaluation Study on ADB’s Support for Achieving the Millennium Development Goals.
This special evaluation study brings country perspective and information on gender issues, gender results from ADB-assisted projects, and stakeholders' view on the challenges for implementing gender mainstreaming.
This special evaluation study reviews ADB's assistance portfolio of rural road associated projects from 1996 to 2007; differentiates inclusive growth and inclusive development through a literature review; and presents case studies.
Validates the completion report's assessment of the program designed to establish a civil service in Nepal that is more results- and people-oriented and gender-responsive. Its specific objectives were to develop internal capacity within the government, improve efficiency and governance, enhance the competence and motivation of civil servants, and establish processes for improving performance in key ministries. IED overall assessment: Partly successful
Validates the completion report's assessment of the project intended to promote efficiently functioning enterprises in Kyrgyz Republic by implementing best practices in corporate governance and reforms in bankruptcy laws and procedures. IED overall assessment: Successful.
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the evaluation of ADB's Poverty Reduction Trust Funds which are assessed in terms of its objectives, contributions and links to the achievement of ADB's strategic objectives.
This special evaluation study assessed the ADB's Poverty Reduction Technical Assistance Trust Fund against their objectives; gauged the contributions and the links to the achievement of ADB's strategic objectives; looked for positive outcomes; evaluated performance with country case studies (in the Lao People's Democratic Republic, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Nepal, and People's Republic of China); and drew lessons to make recommendations.
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the study on the performance of the seventh replenishment of ADF for 2001-2004 and the eighth replenishment (ADF IX) for 2005-2008 in preparation for donor meetings on the ninth (ADF X) for 2009-2013.
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the evaluation study on ADB's approaches to partnering and harmonization in the context of the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness.
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the evaluation study on Japan Special Fund to analyze the fund performance, issues and constraints, and made recommendations and suggestions to assist in future implementation.