- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Validates the PCR's assessment of the project which aims to improve state power sector in India for it to become financially self-sustaining and capable of adequately providing its share of services for development.
Validates the completion report's assessment of the program which aims to support reforms and restructure the state's power sector in India.
This report evaluates the performance of the sector development program modality for power sector reforms in Madhya Pradesh.
This edition of Learning Curves summarizes the evaluation knowledge brief that examines, from the perspective of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, ADB's energy sector assistance over 2001.
Validates the completion report's assessment of the project aimed at strengthening transmission systems, reducing transmission losses, improving system quality and enhancing efficient use of generation plants in India. IED overall assessment: Successful
On 18 October 2007, the Director General of the Operations Evaluation Department of the Asian Development Bank received this response from the Managing Director General on behalf of Management on the Evaluation of ADB's Assistance to the Energy Sector in India - Building on Success for More Results.
India is one of the fastest growing developing economies, having expanded by about 6% per annum in the 1990s and by some 8% in recent years. This growth and rapid rate of industrialization and urbanization have fueled energy demand so that in 2003 it ranked sixth worldwide in primary energy consumption.
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the evaluation of ADB's assistance to energy sector in India from 1996 to 2006. The study examines the country's generation, transmission, distribution, legislation and regulation and energy requirements.
This sector assistance program evaluation assesses ADB's assistance to the energy sector in India, identifies lessons and makes recommendations for improving current and future operations.
Successful Projects in the Energy Sector 2003-2005 is a condensed reference on "successful" ADB projects on the energy sector as evaluated by the Independent Evaluation Department.